Chapter 11: Date

[Your pov]Word count: 1122

[Your pov]
Word count: 1122

-

I'm doing some gardening with my parents. Mum is plucking weeds and me and my dad are planting some tulips.

Those are my Mum's favourite flowers. My dad actually got her them for their first date.

She's always been planting them in her garden.

My dad loves black roses, every weekend my mum hides black roses around the house for him to find.

He acts like he doesn't enjoy it but we all know he secretly does.

-

When we finished, dad went to work. My dad is a member of the abomination coven.

He actually grew up with the coven head Darius. He's pretty cool. He used to babysit me sometimes when I was younger.

I'm pretty sure he also grew up with Ed's dad.

Me and mum are sat on some chairs in the garden, enjoying the sun and drinking apple blood.

My mum works for the plant coven. That's one of the reasons that our garden is covered in beautiful flowers.

Ping!

My mum looks down at her scroll and lets out a soft giggle.

"(Name). Edric sent me a lovely poem. How sweet of him."

My eyebrow raises. "Oh? Let me see!"

She hands me her scroll and I read through the poem, realising it was actually for me.

-I can't think of a poem so just imagine it as something really soppy and cute-

A small blush creeps onto my face while I chuckle. "Idiot."

"So, you're going on a date today with him aren't you? Do you think he's going to ask you to be his partner?"
She smirks at me.

"Uh maybe."

"Yeah he's a little awkward, Isn't he? Well don't be afraid to make the first move and ask him out."

I nod. "Don't worry, I know."

She grins and ruffles my hair. "Well done, kid. I taught you well."