The storm

I am Boss's omega.

The happiness that I was expecting did not come. 

My heart was aching and crying like the rain outside the car, my heart was drowning. I'm conflicted and I don't know what to think. Is Boss telling me that I'm his omega cause he loves me or is he saying this cause he is attracted to my smell? to me as omega and not as a person. 

I don't even understand it myself... what was the difference between an alpha monopolizing an omega, treating the omega as his own not wanting someone to touch it, and loving the omega as a person? 

I don't understand. I'm too overwhelmed with the pain in my heart. Why am I even hurt?

"I want to go home..." I said in a low voice. It was a good confession but... it's hard for me to accept it. 

I heard Boss taking a deep breath and his grip on me tightened even more. There was silence in the car and only the pitter-patter of rain on the car roof can be heard. Thunder constantly lit the sky. The car still did not move from the front of the school gate. 

"Will you see me again?" Boss asks, his voice cracking as he continued, "Will Rain see me again?"

I was startled to hear him... I quickly look away from the window and saw Boss with his head drop. Without thinking I raised his head and there I saw his reddened eyes and tears at both ends of his eyes. 

Boss was crying. 

He was crying. 

Why?

"Why are you crying?" I blurted out. I did not expect him to cry. Why would he cry? I should be the only one crying. I waited for him in the rain for hours... I worried for hours. 

"Will Rain still see me?" He repeated his question but I'm still dumbfounded. I don't know what to do. "Baby, please... give me another chance." his shoulders keep on trembling, I know he was suppressing his sob. I bet he was trying to control his tears, I can only see slight wetness on his cheeks. 

He took my hand and place it on his cheek, kissing it and kneading the other. "Say something, Baby... please."

After some time of being in a daze, I heard myself say, "Do you love me?"

There was another silence. 

The hand holding mine suddenly loosens. 

"I want to go home," I said again. 

Phuket was out of the story now. The one-month deal was out of the story too. I just want to go home. This is why I hate myself for loving so easily and quickly I know that in the end, I'll be at the disadvantage. It hurts but this was my fault too. It hurts but I did not regret it. 

Our meeting was like a drizzle of rain, I got wet with a few drops while Boss holds an umbrella to protect himself. I caught the flu but Boss took the medicine beforehand protecting himself from unforeseen sickness. 

I am his omega but he doesn't love me. 

He is not my alpha but I love him.

The car stopped outside my house. It was still raining but I don't mind I went out without looking at Boss. Leaving my love for him in the car. Leaving my apologies to his father and brother. Leaving my memory of him in the car and any lingering feeling left washed by the rain. 

Fuck! it hurts! 

When I finished bathing I subconsciously looked out the window and Boss's car was still there. 

Now that I cool down... I thought it through. I was hurt by not just waiting for him in the rain but also fearing that Boss will not love me. I'm so immature,  wasn't the one-month deal exist because of this? So, we can pursue each other. 

I should have understood him a little, spare some little maturity, and given him a chance but I throw a tantrum instead. My heart aches again... I can't even last an hour and I already miss him. Sigh, I really worry for my heart so much. Without delaying more I pick up my phone and call him. 

After the second ring, the call was picked up, "Baby..." there was no strength in his voice. Felt like something was prickling in my heart. 

"Come inside." 

"Yes!" He hurriedly said like a bolt of thunder hits him giving his strength back to him. "I'm coming." And the alpha quickly left his car and stood in front of our gate. Sigh... in the end, I'm still easy.

Good thing mama was not around tonight or I might not be able to explain why I suddenly bring Boss here. 

He was drenched in rain, the white shirt he was wearing highlighted the perfectly sculptured abs hidden inside. With his hair down, he looks more handsome and gentle. He followed me up to my bedroom his hand tugging on the hem of my shirt like a child who's afraid to get lost. 

"Take a bath first..." 

He nodded and went to the bathroom without debating. After five minutes, he's done. Wow. So fast. I gave him my biggest shirt and pajama... Well, that thing still bulges but at least it's covered. Damn! I can only imagine... ehem... 

"Sit."

And he did... so obedient... but it didn't take long cause after he sat on the edge of the bed he's head landed on my shoulder with both his hands playing on the hem of my shirt. "I'm sorry."

He rubs his head on my neck slowly, "I'm sorry." He took both my hand and kiss them, "I'm sorry, baby."  Then he lifted his head and face me, rubbing my face with his thumb, looking me straight into my eyes his mouth opens then it close gain. I know he wanted to say something but he must have had a hard time knowing where to start... 

It's fine I can wait for him. This time I should listen first, we should talk first, and we need to understand each other first. 

"... you ask me if I love you," his thumb still rubbing my face, "I don't want to lie and say that I do cause I sincerely don't know if I do." His cold hands held my hands again and he continued, "but when you left me in the car with your back on me I felt like a bucket of ice was poured down on me. For the first time, I felt fear and helplessness." 

"When I saw you crying in pain, my heart felt like being stabbed by hundreds of knives. When you said that you want to go home instead of staying with me, I saw myself without you and I can't help but shed tears from pain."

"Rain... baby, if this is what love means, then yes... I love you. So, please... don't be mad again, forgive me. Don't leave me..." His eyes were red and my hand hurts from his grip. 

"How about the one-month-"

"Forget it. This time I'll pursue you... I'll wait for you. I will win trust again."

"... but I love you too... do you still want me to wait?" I blink my eyes. I'm happy. I'm glad I give it a second chance. I'm glad I sober up but did I confess so bland?

Boss stared at me as if processing what I said then, "... even better, Baby. Even better..." He embraced me and shower me with kisses. The thing that happens a while ago, I let it go. Rain doesn't last, storms always end. 

While Boss was indulging me with kisses, I whispered near his ears, "My estrus might come in two days."

~~~

I want them to separate... Boss to chase Rain but well, there it goes. This is what Rain wants so I followed him. I still want a chasing arc! but these characters don't want it! ( T ^ T )

Episode 9 coming! Let's all watch it together...