The chase II

Standing in front of Rain's house, I had a chance to observe the sky. It wasn't gloomy but it wasn't clear either, just like our relationship. One more wrong move and I feel like I will lose Rain forever.

I don't want that to happen.

But I don't know what to do either. I'm stuck between pursuing and letting go. I thought that maybe if I let Rain go, he would find a better man than me, someone who knew how to express his love better. Someone who will hurt him less.

Part of me screams that I'm stupid, that if I really do that, it will kill me. Just the thought of someone else, holding Rain, kissing him, and laughing with him made my inside write in pain.

I can't.

I am Rain's alpha.

No one else should be with Rain except me.

Desperate to find a solution, I called the only friend I can trust. Any help I can get, big or small... I will willingly accept. Just to win my omega back.

It was unusual for me to visit the alpha exclusive pub early in the morning. It wasn't open for business either but because I have a VVIP membership, then nothing was impossible.

Entering the bar, I went directly to the private room. To my surprise, Pai was already there. Pai was the only one I could ask for help. This man was an all-rounder - all around the city, he had an omega. So, I bet my luck to get trustworthy advice from him.

"Thanks for coming." Pai was used to my indifferent face. We knew each other for a long time and he doesn't take offense to my character.

"It's rare for my friend to ask me for a drink this early, thought I might gossip while I'm here," Pai said while grinning. His eyes were expressive and he did not shy away from exposing his feelings. I wish I could do that too.

"So, what can I help you with? Business, money, or... love?" The glass in his hand move as he talks to me, the sound of ice hitting the glass, and the smell of alcohol made me in a daze as I listen to Pai.

Pouring myself alcohol, I added three big ice cubes to my glass. It was still early but my throat was craving for a strong liquid to enter my body. The alcohol that runs through my mouth down to my stomach felt like a shield that gave me the courage to speak my mind.

"... love"

My courage was weak and so was my voice when I said my thoughts. Pai looked at me meaningfully and after a second his lips curled as he took another sip of the alcohol.

I did not wait for him to speak as I added words to my answer. "I want to win Rain back... but I don't know how." The silent rooms seem to intensify the heaviness of my word. For other people, my words might be a laughing stock but for me... it cost me myself.

The only love I knew was the love of a caretaker to the child she was told to look after. The love of an alpha to his omega due to a high pheromone match but ended up doubting and revenging. The love of omega to his alpha but still ended up cheating.

When the family took me back, my sole purpose was to be the perfect heir and lead the company to success. My real father left, he might not know that I exist. My step-father trained me to hide my emotion saying that it will make my enemies know my weakness.

My omega dad and Saifa made every effort to break into my shell but it only pushed me to harden it more. The family that abandoned me, why would I get close to them? but still, I thank my omega dad for always standing up for me. The best I can do was to be polite to them.

Only Rain effortlessly cracks my shield. Or I must say, I unconsciously allow Rain to break my shell. Regardless of pheromones and instinctual desire, I let myself be swayed by Rain.

"Haha..." The light chuckle from Pai detached me from my thoughts, "haa... and so is my problem." For the first time, I saw sadness and desperation in his eyes. The alpha that can have every omega he wanted was saying that he had a problem with love.

"I ask you for a drink to get your advice... Rain said to win him back in a romantic way I can think of." Refilling the alcohol in my glass, I continued, "... so, you are useless too."

Pai laugh again and face me as he said, "If you found a way... please tell me. I need it badly."

In the end, I get nothing.

"Don't you think it's funny?" He asked as he looked towards the ceiling. Nothing was worth looking at in a plain black ceiling except the little chandelier that clings to it tighter, like it was afraid to drop. Its yellow light adds mockery toward the two loser drinking under it.

"Why?"

"Two company CEO, drinking early in the day, talking about love instead of transacting business. Don't you think we're losing here?" He had a point. The time we could spend thinking about winning our partners back could have been spent transacting millions and billions worth of a project.

But money can't bring my Rain back.

Money cannot equal Rain's value in my life.

If it's for Rain then I will gladly give up billions starting now.

"En. It's truly funny."

I left the bar and return to the company. The first thing on my agenda was to search for things to do. I must make an effort. Remembering Rain's tears, my heart aches again. I don't want my Rain to cry again.

<Romantic things to do with your boyfriend>

I am amused of myself as I typed this word on the computer. In my years of existence, it was the first time I did this thing. Rain really made me things beyond my expectation. I can't wait to hold him again.

* Picnic at the park and kiss

* Watch the sunset and kiss

.-----

* Tour your hometown and sleep the night and kiss!

The answers I found were quite... online was not a good thing either. All the responses require Rain's approval to join and there was a big possibility that he might not. That's a fail.

Leaning on the chair with my eyes close, a memory floats in my mind. It was when my classmate in middle school was folding a paper flower of a different color. When the other classmate ask him why he was making things complicated when he can just buy fresh flowers and gave them to the one he likes...

He answered... "no amount of money can compare to a sincere effort. Each paper contains my effort and admiration. Love is about sincerity." but everyone just laughs. I thought that time, yes... love should be about sincerity and effort which my fathers lack.

Having inspiration, I ask for a different color of paper from my secretary. I will show Rain my sincerity.

~~~

To be honest, Rain's POV is easy to write... it's free speech while Boss should be dramatic and poetic. I tried my best... c(TT - TT)o