The coaxing

Everything happened so fast that when I look at Boss for the last time, I saw him frozen to where he was standing and only turned his head towards the taxi after he realized I was gone. With all the things I said, the alpha must be traumatized, or maybe his intelligent brain still processing my words but can't find what's wrong cause I had to admit, Boss had a little bit of a problem with EQ or maybe not.

But that alpha can really be lustful.

I will miss him calling my name, him kissing me, him hugging me and rubbing my head... can I... can I still take back what I said? Holy mothers! I'm wavering already.

Boss took out his phone, must be reading my farewell message, and put the phone in his ears, must be trying to call me but how could he? I already blocked him. Oh, my poor alpha. I pity him and I regret what I said but also don't regret it.

What I said was the truth. Boss had a lot of chances to tell me, he could have called me or messaged me that the woman in the article was his sister. The article came out in the morning and night came but he never contacted me. Was he thinking that I don't read gossip news?

Well, I don't. If Sky did not show it to me then I will probably never know about it.

Gossip news of people not related to me or people I don't know was not worth my time. People on the internet were not worth my time but I did not know that one day Boss will be there. I forgot, my alpha was the heir of a well-known family. Sigh.

When I reached home, Saifa called me. Without hesitation, I answered his call. Saifa doesn't have any obligation to clear things for me. It was my alpha's obligation and therefore I pardon Saifa in my heart and had no bad blood with him.

But who would thought that the voice I would hear was not Saifa's but from my handsome, gorgeous, six-packed, and sweet lips alpha who I broke up with just a moment ago... heavens, temptation came quick as lightning.

"Baby... let's talk, hmm? Let's talk." Boss's voice was like coaxing a stubborn kitten. Well, I'm not a kitten obviously! I'm a tiger with fangs! but kittens were cute too. I did not speak and just listen to him.

"Where are you? I will come to you, okay?" His voice was still soft and gentle as if afraid that if he raise his voice or speak out of tune I will immediately raise all my hair ready to scratch him just like a... a... shoots! fine... just like a kitten! No, a cat!

"Baby, I will go to your house. Wait for me, okay?" I don't have the plan to speak cause I'm afraid the little wavering in my heart will increase and take Boss back. Huh. How can I do that? Nope! If you want to coax, coax with all your heart. Pour every effort. Spare no mercy with time and give it your best!

I sound like a hard-to-get guy. Hahaha...

"Rain, wait for me..." after that he hung up. I will wait for him but I will not talk to him. Just after he hung up, a car parked in front of my house, and with impatience, he rang the doorbell. Fuck! Was calling me while driving?! That's dangerous!

Looking at the situation, he must have been alone. Poor Saifa got his phone snatched.

It was unfortunate that my mom was around. I can't even tell my mom not to open the gate cause what would I say? Mom, don't open we broke up? Telling my mother about it will only produce hundreds of questions!

So, Boss really entered the dungeon and was offered a life-saving juice by my mother. What a stroke of luck. When my mom called me, I pretended to be deaf and mute! Mother, have mercy! Your son was battling for his life and you were feeding the enemy!

Moments later, a knock came on my door. "Rain, let's talk." Of course, I have to open the door! Would I let my mom witness some drama? No! I would never! that's another hundred questions on top of the other hundred questions!

I open the door but did not spare a glance at him. Boss close the door and hurriedly embraced me from the back, his chin placed on my shoulder and whispering, "I'm sorry." I wonder if he knew what he was sorry about.

I still did not speak. It's more dramatic that way and seriously, I already said my piece. I will only be like a broken recorder repeating what I said if I open my mouth now.

"It's my fault. I did not tell you... but she really is my sister so I did not think that you will be affected. I forgot I have not told you about her." His voice was soothing, I can feel the sincerity but I was still hurt. This was not just about the article anymore but also the way he respond to me when I told him.

Instead of understanding me, coaxing me, or directly answering me, Boss laughs at my pain. I can't accept it.

"Baby, talk to me..." he move my body to face him and cupped my face as he added, "forgive me, please?" and kiss my forehead.

After a few seconds of deaf silence, I spoke, "I can't. I can't forgive you," my eyes stared at him with daggers shooting fast, "You laugh at me. You laugh when I'm in pain..." my heart tightened and nose wrinkled, "sniff... you don't know how heartbroken I am after seeing that stupid article... hic... and you laugh at me! I won't forgive you! I won't! hic"

Shit! I cried. Good thing Boss does not know about my 'I will lick their feet if I cry again!'

Damn. It's my tear ducts' fault. It's Boss's fault that I cry. This does not count at all!

"En. En... don't forgive me. Baby, don't forgive me. This alpha is wrong. My baby is right not to forgive me." Boss was wiping my tears and kissing my face at the same time. "Don't forgive me ever. My baby should not forgive me." the way he rub my back had a hint of panic and coaxing.

"I won't forgive you," I said again. I'm serious about not forgiving him! Crying doesn't mean we're okay. I just have a shallow tear duct! That's all!

After that, Boss tuck me under the blanket making effort to make me sleep. "you... you said you will win my hic trust back... I remember it, you were hic sitting here and I am hic sitting beside you. Hic... in this room... but- but... you lied hic."

"En. I'm a liar. Rain is hurt because I lied." He keep on patting the blanket like he was coaxing a child, "can I still see Rain? Rain, will not break up with me, right?"

"No! hic... we are hic.. breaking up."

"En. We are breaking up. Will Rain allow me to woo him again?"

"...."

"You have to win me back again! hic"

"En. I will win back my little kitten."

"I'm not a kitten!"

"Right. I'm wrong again. My Rain is a fierce tiger. The little tiger should sleep now."

How was a little tiger different from a kitten?! They're both cute and fluffy and harmless! Whatever. Let's see how you win me back.

Hump!

~~~

Rain: I will never see him again!

Also Rain: You have to win me back!

Boss: My kitten is so cute...

~~~

Two chapter update today to make up for Thursday and because it's a long holiday in my country!

My poor Rain is battling between forgiving easily and not forgiving easily cause his pain is valid. Sigh. Only love can hurt like this... must have been a deadly kiss... (* ̄0 ̄)θ~♪

leaving you all these lyrics:

I tell myself you don't mean a thing
And what we got, got no hold on me
But when you're not there, I just crumble
I tell myself I don't care that much
But I feel like I die 'til I feel your touch
Only love, only love can hurt like this
Only love can hurt like this
Must've been a deadly kiss
Only love can hurt like this