1

<> Amnesia <>

I nervously fiddled with the hem of my shirt as my mum and the principal spoke.

Why would any mother send their 17 year old mute daughter to a public school?

I mean does she want me to get bullied? People judge me enough when i go to a shop but at a school full of bitchy kids?
I'm going to get destroyed.

I used to go to pupil school until the age of 15, when I stopped talking. Then my mum homeschooled me but has decided that it will be a good idea to start socialising again. Which in my opinion will be extremely hard seeing as I don't freaking speak!!

You may be wondering, why did you go mute when you were 15?

Well my friends, that's story for another day I'm afraid. I don't think I'm ready to go down that path of telling my story.

My mum doesn't knows why I don't speak either but she knows it's about my dad. She has taken me to God knows how many doctors and therapists trying to get me to open my mouth and speak. It's never worked. I'm sure she has given up now which is why I'm being sent to hell aka school.

I examined the principal's office seeing he had many family pictures scattered around. Also some cheesy quotes which I found were completely un-inspirational, there were just pointless in my opinion.

I then turned back to the conversation my mother and the principal were having, I prayed to god I didn't have to start school today. But I knew the answer. My mum had already assured me everything would be fine, but I wasn't buying it. I furiously kept signing to her that I wanted to keep being home-schooled, no one wanted to be friends with a weird mute girl!

Of course, luck was never on my side which I have come to release. My mum literally had to drag me here today and here we are now sitting in this office. I hadn't even been told I was going to pupil school until it was too late and my mother had already enrolled me and brought all my school supplies.

There was no going back now.

"Right-e-ho! It's al set and done! I'll get your schedule Miss.Lewis, and have someone come and guide you around to school!" The principal said

I glanced at his front desk looking for his name - Mr. Pringles, Principal Pringles gave me a bright smile and I weakly smiled back trying not to show the amusement I had from his name.

Pringles... I wonder want flavour he is?

[A/N: sorry.. I had to do it! 😂]

I shifted uncomfortably in the chair gripping my bag tightly in my hand and glanced at me mum letting out a sigh

"Do I really have to do this?" I sign

I wanted to leave this hellhole right now and go home snuggled up in my bed watching Netflix all day!

My mum glared sharply at me

"Amnesia Nicole Lewis, we have had this conversation many times. I know you don't like it but you are now going to public school." My mum said fixing her hair before standing up

My eyes followed her

"I have to go now, have a good day Anime" mum chirped kissing my forehead

"Bipolar" I thought to myself as mum left me sitting awkwardly in the office

"Okay, here's your schedule Miss. Feel try to come back if you need anything" he smiled at me as I took the paper from him

I noticed his eyes glance over at someone and smile slightly