Chapter Twelve: Hidden in plain sight

Bakugou walks beside you as you enter the dorms. Luckily no one was around so you didn't have to deal with prying eyes. You weren't ready to deal with everyone gushing over Bakugou and you. Besides the insane nervousness that was eating away at you. You were really happy Bakugou was there. As much as you hated to admit it, you had fallen for him. Without ever even noticing, as if you'd never fallen at all. Maybe, just maybe, this is what it is like to fall for the right person.
          Before you have the chance to escape to your room Bakugou grabs your wrist. He pulls you into his chest holding you tightly. He smells so good, like vanilla and spice. His soft skin warming yours ever so slightly. You look up into his captivating red eyes.

"I should get to bed."

"Think you can run from me so easily?"

"I'm not."

You huff out irritatedly. He snickers softly at you.

"I won."

"Yeah well, there's no specific time."

"I get to decide."

You grunt quietly trying to pry yourself away from him to no avail.

"Why now?"

"Why not?"

"What's the big deal?"

"I don't know, you tell me?"

You huff out still attempting to get away from him. He releases you suddenly and you stumble back catching yourself before you fall. You avoid looking at him as you walk over to your favorite couch. You plop down mulling over where to start. Bakugou sits on the other side of the couch, his gaze fixed on the back of your head. You look over at him, annoyed that he was so far away. Annoyed because that thought annoyed you.

"So damn annoying."

You huff out quietly as you look out the huge paneled windows.

"That's my line."

"It fits."

"Stop dodging me y/n."

You take a deep breath letting it out slowly.

"Are you going home for Christmas?"

Bakugou narrows his eyes at you, growling his words.

"Stop.-"

"Just answer the damn question Bakugou."

You look at him tears nearly over spilling your eyes as you hold yourself together. Scared of letting someone in, scared they'll disappear, scared to fall apart with no one there. He grits his teeth clearly losing his patients.

"Why the hell does that matter?"

You swallow your fear continuing to look at him as the tears start to roll down your face.

"I'm not. I, don't have anyone to go home to."

Bakugou looks at you quietly, clearly at a loss for words.

"When I was  younger, my parents went on a walk one night. They never came home. As I was getting ready for school the next day the police came to my door. They told me my parents were dead. They had run into the Black Ice Villain."

You shake uncontrollably, trying desperately to reel in your emotions. Something warm wraps around you calming you immediately. Bakugou picks you up putting you in his lap. He runs his fingers through your hair softly.

"That's why you want to be a hero?"

"I don't know. I want to save people from ever feeling this kind of loss. What did my parents ever do to deserve this?"

Bakugou pulls your face up so you're looking at him. A softness you've never seen swimming in his eyes. He uses his thumb to wipe away your tears.

"You can come to my place for Christmas."

The tenderness in his voice causes your heart to skip a beat. The butterflies go crazy in your stomach as your face catches fire. You stutter softly taken back by his words. By his weird bipolar attitude, by his very existence on this couch.

"I don't know if that's.-"

"And we can become kick-ass heroes and finally catch that bastard."

He smiles softly at you before leaning in and kissing you. His gentle lips moved in sync with yours. With his very touch, he managed to take away the anxiety. He pulls away smirking at you.

"Just shut up and let me hold you."

***Authors Note***

Sorry, this one is short, I just felt I should leave it at this XD.