Chapter Thirty-One: As if

You hadn't moved from that spot for hours. All the things screaming in your head kept you planted on the floor. Shaking slightly as the tears dripped off your quivering chin. You couldn't hear anything over your own drowning mind. You could feel yourself slowly falling apart, all the progress crashing around you. You couldn't move, could hardly breathe, couldn't think, couldn't feel. You just wanted to shatter into a million pieces and cease to exist.

           A soft knock echos through the loud silence of your room. You lay your head on the door, still clutching your chest. Whispering to yourself as your other hand digs into the floor.

"Go away."

"Make me."

Katsuki's soft voice comes through the door.

"Katsuki, please just-."

"You don't go through things alone anymore. So shut up and open the door before I break it down."

You clench your jaw as his irritated voice pierces your heart. You don't respond, you just sit there slowly hyperventilating. The doorknob turns slowly as Katsuki pushes the door open; sliding you out of the way. He steps through the door quietly and closes it behind him. He sits down pulling you into his lap and resting his chin on your head. His fingers slowly move through your hair as he holds you close.

"You don't have to talk to me, but I won't let you be alone."

You finally crack, everything that had been slowly leaking out, now hit you full force. You cling to his shirt, burring your face in his chest as you sob. You didn't want to let him go, didn't want him hurt. You felt like any move you made would mess something up. Like anything you did, you'd lose him. The panic starts to fill you to the brim blurring your vision. You push yourself away from Katsuki looking into his eyes. He looks back quietly, furrowing his brow.

"I need to leave."

"School?"

You look away trying to keep your breath steady. Katsuki grits his teeth as he stays still.

"Why?"

"I'm dangerous."

"Why?"

His deep voice is laced with anger as he tries not to yell.

"You fucking look at me if you're going to break my heart."

Even though you wanted to, your body was frozen. All the heat in your veins poured out as your stomach turned.

"Y/N."

"What if they try to hurt you again and it doesn't turn out well next time? What if being around me puts your life in danger."

"I'll always be in danger with or without you. So what the fuck makes you think this is the best option?"

"I can't be the reason you get hurt Katsuki, I'd never forgive myself."

"If I chose to be here then it's my own damn fault."

"Katsuki-."

"What are you going to do when we become heroes and you get threatened? Are you going to run and hide yourself away?"

You bite your lip as you stare at the wall. Katsuki leans forward grabbing your chin and forcing you to look at him.

"Want to run, fine. Run away and feel sorry for yourself. If that's the person you want to be and not the one I love, go for it."

"That's not it."

"I'm scared too, I'm so fucking scared I'll lose you. I thought I did today and I lost it. You don't see me running away. You learn from things and move on, don't let it destroy everything you have. Don't let it make you throw me away."

You look at Katsuki blankly as he speaks.

"I don't want you here unless you want to be. So get your shit together and figure it out."

Katsuki takes his hand away and leans against the door. He looks at you dully as you stay frozen in place. Nothing but silence hovered between you two for a moment before you speak.

"You're worth it Katsuki Bakugou, worth the fear, worth the pain, worth every fight and every shitty moment. Because it means I get to wake up beside you, kiss you because I want to, put flowers in your hair, and watch movies until we fall asleep on the couch. It means I get to have someone who will always put me back together and give me the strength to walk on my own again. Someone who will sit beside me so I don't fall apart alone."

Katsuki looks at you softly, a small smile crawling over his lips.

"Then get your ass over here."

You crawl over to him putting your head on his shoulder.

"I'm sorry Katsuki."

"It's my job to tell you you're being a fucking idiot."

You giggle softly between the obnoxious hiccups. You wrap your arms around Katsuki's neck and kiss his cheek. Katsuki grabs your hand putting it over his heart. He whispers in your ear as he pulls you closer.

"It belongs to you, so take good care of it."

You feel your cheeks heat up slightly as Katsuki kisses your neck.

"Don't ever do that again Y/N."

Your eyes roll to the back of your head as his deep voice fills your head. You cling to him as he licks up your neck slowly.

"I won't."

You breathe out as your mind goes fuzzy.

"Don't ever underestimate me, don't think I'm so easy to get rid of."

His hand slowly moves up the back of your shirt, caressing your spine. He grits his teeth growling in your ear.

"I'll fucking show you how irreplaceable I am."

You squeak with surprise as he picks you up swiftly; walking you over to the bed. He lays you down smirking in your face. You stop breathing as his hand brushes over your stomach.

"Relax, I'll make sure no one hears your screaming."

***Author's Note***

Remember to breathe ;)