Chapter 3

"Voltron can now save the universe from Zarkon's evil grip!"

Lance glared at Allura, startling everyone, "You're saying that Zarkon's defeat is the only reason you came to find me?"

Allura pulled herself together and returned the glare, "That is the main factor, but not the only one."

Lance walked towards Allura, his death glare becoming so fierce, that if looks could kill, Allura would be dead on the ground. He growled nearly too quietly for the others to hear, "If that's the only thing you need me for, then fine. But don't think I'll stay and hang around afterward. I can't stand to stay in the castle for longer than I have to."

Lance walked out and the other paladins stood shocked. Hunk gasped, "Was that really Lance? I've never seen him glare at anyone, ever."

Meanwhile, Lance locked himself in his old room for the rest of the day, not even stepping out for a meal. The next day Lance abandoned the safety of his old bedroom and went to get in some training. There he saw Keith waiting for him.

Keith turned to Lance, "Lance, we're glad to have you back, but just know that we're not going to go easy on you just because you haven't been here for a while."

Lance rolled his eyes, "I know, so how about we get some combat training? To remind me of the basics, you know?"

Keith agreed and the two trained together for hours, immersed in the training. At that moment, Keith found it more thrilling than ever before, but couldn't pinpoint the reason. Was it because he hadn't trained in a while, or maybe cause he was against a live opponent? He couldn't tell.

They finally had to stop after they wore each other out. Lance glanced at Keith, "Thanks, that really helped."

Keith rolled his eyes, "Helped with what? You didn't seem to have forgotten how to fight."

Lance burst out laughing and Keith couldn't help but stare. After his laughing fit was over, Lance replied, "I just had a lot on my mind, training with you helped take it off my mind, even for just a moment."

Keith reached out and patted Lance on the shoulder, "Yeah, whatever. We should get something to eat so we can get to actually sparring, that was just warm-ups. And don't think I'm going to go easy on you."

Lance laughed at the statement, "I know, but you bet I'm not going easy on you either."