Chapter 6

"We did it! We saved the universe!" Pidge cried out.

Hunk let a sigh of relief as they returned to the castle. Keith acknowledged the cheers and exhaustion before declaring, "Now we can focus on finding Shiro."

The other paladins, except Lance, groaned in frustration. Hunk grumbled, "But we just saved the universe, doesn't that call for a break to go to Earth?"

"Shiro is out there, and we can't wait forever to find him," Keith lashed.

In the midst of the argument, they failed to realize that the red lion had rushed ahead and was already resting at the hanger. Lance made his way to a pod when a voice called out to him, "Want me to start up a wormhole for you?"

Lance looked behind him to see Coran standing there, a grim smile on his face, "Thanks, that would be extremely helpful."

"Heading back to Earth I assume?" Coran asked.

Lance smiled and gave a slight nod and Coran walked over to him, placing a gentle hand on his shoulder, "I'll miss you, but I understand that this is what you want."

Soon enough, Coran opened a wormhole to Earth, and seconds later the pod flew through. Keith rushed to Coran, "What the hell? Who just went through that wormhole?"

Coran simply stared back at him with the 'you know the answer, why are you asking' look. Keith shook Coran by the collar with such violence that we should consider Coran lucky that he survived, "Why didn't he tell us before he just left?"

Again, Coran simply gave him the same look as before. Keith let go of Coran's collar and paced the room, a feeling he did not seem familiar with came over him. He felt in a way, abandoned. Left alone. Deserted. Cast aside. Forsaken. And he felt guilty. Guilty for saying the hurtful things he said in the past to Lance.