Chapter 7

Lance knocked on the door of the home of a Cuban family, his family. Loud footsteps could be heard and not soon after, the door swung open. His mother stood there, shocked at the appearance of her son.

She hugged him as his father and siblings gathered round to see who it was and his mother cried out, "Lance! I thought I might never see your face ever again!"

- - - - -

"Lance..."

Ever since Shiro had been found and the Castle of Lions had been destroyed, it seemed Lance's departure bit Keith harder than before. The Red Lion stood motionless on the moon they had been stranded on for a few days now.

Shiro, having recovered from transferring his soul into the clone, sat with Keith at the foot of the Red Lion, "You ready?"

"For what?"

Shiro sighed, "We're going home."

- - - - -

"How are the children? Are they asleep?"

Lance nodded his head, "It took a while, the Galra invasion took quite a toll on some of them. How's the recovery going for the senior citizens?"

"They all aren't doing too well with the shock."

At that moment, Lance sensed the Blue and Red Lions presence enter the solar system. Lance glanced at Veronica, "Looks like we're about to receive some help."

Veronica looked at him with a bit of confusion but that quickly turned to realization, "They're here?"

Lance nodded but instead of relief, he felt concern that the Paladins would bring the people he was working so hard to protect to danger.

- - - - -

The paladins received the message, warning them not to go with their lions any closer to Earth. So they resorted to stealing a Galra ship and using that to get to Earth. It was very crowded, but it was their best choice. They ended up crashing, but made their way to a city, only to run into Galra drones. They attempted to take the drones out but a woman's voice call out, "I suggest you let us handle them, these things will only alert the Galra about your presence, our weapons will neutralize them."