Chapter 31

A month later.

Zai and Rey are at the hospital since she's in labour.
They're more than prepared to have him. Cynthia's on her way to the hospital and right now they giving Zai the medication she needs.

"Ok so have you tried the following methods to help naturally induce" Zai's midwife, Elene asked.
"Eating spicy foods"
She nodded.
"Exercising?"
"Yes"
"Intercourse"
"We've tried a lot of that" Rey licked his lips and Zai had an embarrassed look on her face as he kept a straight face.

"Oww" Zai hissed as another contraction passed.
"Okay you are 8cm dialated"

Zai was laid on a hospital cott eating ice chips as Rey held her hand and stroked it.
"If I could take you pain I really would"
"I wouldn't let you take it anyway" Zai pecked his lips. "I don't like seeing you in pain"

Her hair was in knotless braids tied up in a bun so Rey slid his hands through her partings to massage her head.

20 minutes later Cynthia and Eli arrived.
"Aww my baby" she walked over and hugged Zai "how you feeling"

"Like shit"
Eli laughed and Cynthia popped his shoulder.
She whinced as she felt another contraction come over.

Rey just stared at her with worry present in his eyes.
"Son relax, she gon be fine"
"She don't feel fine ma" he kept his eyes glued on her.

Cynthia sighed and went to sit down next to Eli. Elene walked back in the room and checked under the sheet to inspect Zai's dialation.

"Oh wow your 9.3 centimetres dialated. Your baby should be here in the next hour. Now is the time to decide if you'd like epidural or not and if you want a water birth"
"No, I heard that stuff messes up your back " she shook her head hard. "I want to give birth here, ion wanna move i'm too tired"

"Ok well" she turned to Cynthia and Eli "Could you guys please wait outside until she has given birth, it's procedure."
Eli dapped up Rey and kissed Zai on her hand, before exiting the room with Cynthia.

"It hurts so much" Zai cried hard as another contraction passed. "We are never doing this again"

"You say that now but when we're into it, you'll be talking different" Rey rolled his eyes and put his on the bump. "Lil man, it's time to come out now before your mama sex bans me"

Zai slapped his hand. "Fuck you"
"Later" he winked.
"Your so annoyinggg" she huffed then screamed as another contraction came over her.

Rey got up and laid beside her and Zai cuddled him and laid her head on his chest.
"I'm sorry baby" he whispered and pecked her temple.
"I just want the pain to stop" she closed her eyes but widened them when she felt pressure. "I want to push, call the nurse"

She got in position as Rey got out the bed and rang the buzzer. The midwife and nurses rushed in and immediately started to get ready to welcome the newborn baby.

"Ok push whenever you feel like pushing, if it feels like you are trying to poo that's right" Elene sat on the stool and propped Zai's legs on to a ledge so they could get a clear view.

The other nurses prepared the glass basinet and blanket and the tools needed for the birth as Zai cried out in pain. Rey sat there looking scared.

"AHHHHHHHHHHH" she screamed as she pushed.
She repeatedly pushed for 15 minutes.
"Good, keep pushing. Your crowning so your nearly there"

"Baby you can do it" Rey encouraged and he held held her hand. "I love you more than anything" he kissed her hand.
"I love you too" she whimpered.

"I'm surprised you aren't passed out yet" one of the nurses said to Rey.