6. Secrets

''Your Grace.'' Daemon remarked

''We thank you for coming, uncle.''

''I worried that given leave of your father's shadow, you might wither in King's Landing's sun. But you stood tall. Know that Old town stands with you.''

''In the Vale, men are made to answer for their crimes. Even Targaryens.'' Greold said stiffly coming up to Daemon

''Who are you?'' Daemon questioned bored.

''Ser Gerold Royce of Runestone.''

''And?'' Daemon said picking up his glass

''I am cousin to your late lady wife.'' Gerold sneered

''Ahh, yes. Terrible thing. I'm positively bereft.'' Daemon said trying to keep the smug smile from his face. ''Such a tragic accident.'

''You know better than anyone, it was no accident.''

''Are you confessing some guilt, Ser Gerold?'' Daemon countered

''I am making an accusation.'' Gerold corrected

''You know, in King's Landing, men are made to answer for their slanders. Even old bronze cսոts like you.'' Daemon mused and Gerold scoffed ''The truth is, I'm glad you've come. I wish to speak to you about my inheritance.''

'''What inheritance?'' Gerold countered

''Lady Rhea and I had no heirs. As her husband, whatever she was due now passes to me. She stood to inherit all of Runestone... Did she not? After my niece's wedding, I plan to fly to the Eyrie and petition Lady Jeyne myself. Perhaps I'll see you there, Ser Gerold.'' Daemon said smugly.

+

"Laena! Laena!" Aisha declared as Laena picked her up.

"What peanut?"

"It's raining outside." Aisha whispered as though it was a secret.

"I see.'' Laena agreed looking outside.

"Can I go play?"

"I thought you were playing with the prince and princess?" Laena countered.

"It's calling to me sissy." Aisha begged. She clasped her hands under her chin and gave her very best pout.

"No." Laena whispered. "We are to celebrate Laenor. Stay. He will be very sad to see you leaving his wedding feast." Aisha groaned but agreed as Daemon came up to them.

"Might I borrow your sister for a dance little lady?" Daemon asked and Aisha tried to wink back at Laena.

"hush" Laena blushed as she put Aisha down.

"Thank you." Daemon said kissing Aisha's hand, as Aisha ran off she wiped her hand on her dress.

''Has anybody ever told you you're nearly as pretty as your brother?'' Daemon said as he danced around Laena

''Well, you flatter me, my Prince.'' Laena told him ''I was sorry to hear about your lady wife.''

''Don't be, I wasn't. My lady was never very kind to me.''

''I know who it is.'' Joffrey mused to Laenor

''Hm?" Laenor questioned as Aisha came barreling into his legs.

" The handsome paramour." Joffrey informed him.

"Who?''

''Ser Criston Cole.'' Joffrey remarked, "Hello Aisha..'
'Hello joff." Aisha said as Laenor picked her up.

''Her sworn protector?'' Laenor countered looking across the dance floor to him. Aisha looked across the room confused.

''Look at him. The man is fully cunt-struck.'' Joffrey agreed, Laenor slapped his chest.

"Aisha is right here." Laenor hissed.

"Did he say a bad word?" Aisha questioned "I wasn't listening. Say it again."

"You stinker." Laenor kissed her cheek as she gaze shifted back to Aegon.

'A Targaryen prince, a dashing knight, and a dragon rider. You appear to be every young maiden's dream.'' Laena remarked to daemon

''That's only because you don't know me yet.'' Daemon countered

''I believe Ser Criston has bloodied that white cloak of his with your bride's maidenhead.'' Joffrey sniggered

''Oh, keep your voice down.'' Laenor hissed.

"What's a maidenhood?" Aisha asked.

"Go play with Prince Aegon." Joffrey instructed bringing a hand to her chin.

"Okay." Aisha agreed immediately.

''Perhaps that is something we might remedy, my Prince.'' Laena offered moving around him her hand trailing down his chest.

''Perhaps it is.'' Daemon agreed walking off.

''This is a good thing. She knows your secret... and now you know hers.'' Joffrey offered as he watched Aisha run off.

"Speaking of secrets. My mother doesn't want anyone to know of... Aisha's..." Laenor shrugged.

"Understood." Joffrey agreed. "Are you going to bring her to the capital with us?" Joffrey mused. "She seems quite smitten with the prince."