30. Ruined my life

Aisha knew Aegon could be a dick. She did. But when it was just them it was like the rest of the world didn't exsist.

"Helaena?" Aemond asked peering into her chambers. "Have you seen Aisha?" She looked up from her needlepoint and glanced to the window.

"I saw them by the shores." She said distantly.

"Who?" But he knew who and Helaena rolled her eyes as though she had to answer that. Aemond ran to the balcony and he saw Aisha and Aegon in the distance the waves crashing creeping up on their feet. Aishas hands sinking into the sand behind her and that smile, that laugh when she looked to Aegon.

"I hate it to." Helaena told him. "Cant compete."

"There is no competition." Aemond countered "Aisha is my wife."

"Yet..." she looked to him on the balcony.

"There is no competition." Aemond repeated

"You are right. There is no competition." Helaena agreed. "He has already won."
+
"Thats strange."

"No its not!" Aisha declared laughing as he put on leg over hers and she moved her opposite leg over his and then he had her trapped. She stared at their tangled legs as she felt his breath on her neck.

"Why is the dragon eating someone? Better question!" Aegon lifted a finger as he leaned into her "who is he eating?" Aisha glanced back at the sand creation she had made.

"I dont know." She admitted.

"Aemond. Its aemond right?" Aegon mused

"Shut up. Its definitely not." Aisha told him slapping at his chest. "Maybe its you." She countered. He caught her hand and brought it to his lips.

"You love me too much to have me get eaten by a sand dragon." Aegon told her confidently as she lay back her shoulder against his as he lay back with her. The clouds moved slowly above them.

"You are right..." aisha glanced back "its Rhaenyra." She whispered tipping her head to him.

"My, my." Aegon mused. "My Aisha that is a treasonous statement if Ive ever heard one." He remarked. "Threatening to have the heir to the iron throne eaten..."

"By a sand dragon." Aisha added laughing.

"You want her dead though, dont you?" Aegon whispered rolling over to face her.

"She killed my brother." Aisha reminded him. "I want to drown them in my sorrows." He brought a hand up to her cheek, ran his finger gently down her jaw.

"I'll help you if you want." Aegon offered.

Aegon was her first friend. Her first love. She knew he wasnt perfect but neither was she.  She knew that flutter she still had when he was with her wouldnt go away. Not now. Not ever.

"I know that look." He whispered resting his forehead against hers. She closed her eyes and savored his warmth. She loved Aemond. He was so sweet and kind and she did love him. She opened her eyes to see that handsome face staring back at her she knew she was in trouble.

"I know that look means trouble." Aisha countered as he jumped up and offered her a hand pulling her to her feet.

"Come on." He said his lips grazing hers as he led her into the water. He picked her up throwing her over his shoulder

"Aegon!" She screamed with laughter as he dropped her in diving in after her.

Aemond watched slowly getting closer. He knew Aegon and Aisha were close the best of friends even still. He trusted Aisha. Aemond however did not trust Aegon.

Aemond heard her laugh and saw her cling onto Aegon as they drifted out farther. Aemond huffed out a breath as his shoes sunk into the sand.

Aisha was his. He should stop worrying. But he knew Aisha didnt smile that, Aegon didnt smile in general unless he was with Aisha. How could Aemond not worry? How could he be calm and relaxed liked Helaena when Aegon was strutting around after his wife.

Helaena didnt care for Aegon as Aegon didnt care for her. But Aemond loved Aisha. Always had. But Aemond knew that he wasnt Aishas first choice.

Rhaenyra getting eaten by a sand dragon^

+
Aisha and Aegon slipped through the halls on wet feet as they tried to contain their laughter. Alicent wasnt happy to see them coming in so late.

"Your grace." Aisha said taking a side step away from Aegon.

"Aisha. It is quite late. I know Aemond was looking for you." Alicent remarked and Aisha felt so bad she hadnt thought about Aemond all day. Aegon and her were having so much fun. They didnt leave the waters for hours.

"Of course. Goodnight Aegon. Goodnight your grace." Aisha said softly as she headed to her chambers.

"I know what you are going to say so dont bother." Aegon declared stomping off

"Well I'm going to say it anyways." Alicent hissed grabbed his ear and yanking him along.

"Stop it!" Aegon declared pushing her away. "Im not a child! You cant just-"

"She is not your wife." Alicent hissed

"We swam. I thought you said that when she married Aemond that I could still have my friend! We swam!" Aegon shouted and his voice echoed. "Is it really so wrong that I spent the day with my friend? We used to spend every day every single fucking day together!" Aegon reminded her. "Every waking moment! Or have you forgotten what its like to have friends?" He hissed and Alicent slapped him in the face.

"You will show me some respect." She hissed.

"Where is my respect?" Aegon countered. "I didnt do anything! We swam and talked and it was nice." Aegon told her. "She is my best friend and you robbed me of marrying the woman I love over your stupid vendetta!" Aegon shouted.

"Thats enough." Alicent barked back

"I love her. I have always loved her and you wanted me to be miserable like you and father!"

"Enough!" She slapped him again.

"I will scream it from the tallest tower. I love Aisha and you ruined my life!"