"Bad move, Dude."

Zac P.O.V.

Hey, She has a dislocated shoulder and a bruised back." Kyle says.

"Can she stay on duty?" I ask, knowing Erika would be mad if she couldn't.

"As long as she feels alright." He says. I see her walk over with a bandage over her forehead.

"Hey, Beautiful." I say.

"Hey." She says, Wrapping her arm around my neck.

"You okay to continue or do you want me to take you home?" I ask.

"I'm staying." She says. "Where's Liam?"

"Kitchen. I think." I tell her. She walks through the doors and Eric walks over.

"I know you were the one that pulled her off." I tell him.

"You don't know anything." He says.

"Oh, Really?!" I say, Raising my voice.

"We all know that somebody I'm going to have her job. Why not make it sooner than expected?!" He laughs.

"I better NOT have heard what I think I just heard!" I hear Erika yell. I look over and she's standing in the doorway.

Erika P.O.V.

"I better NOT have heard what I think I just heard!" I yell.

"Well, We all know it's the truth!" Eric says. "You don't know what you're doing anyway. Little girls aren't meant to be on the Fire Department. You should leave that to us men."

"Oh, Bad move, Dude!" Zac laughs.

"I don't know what I'm doing?!" I Ask/Yell. "My Father, Was on the Fire Department for eleven years! He was a Captain, My Brother, Andrew was on the Fire Department for seven years, Captain and my Brother, Eli.. He was on the Fire Department for six and a half years, Medic/Sergeant! And they all died Heroes. And I've been here for going on two years. You've been here for barely six HOURS.... You aren't going to have my job anytime soon."

"I don't know who ever said that your 'Daddy and Brothers' were Heroes.... But, They lied. They obviously didn't know what they were doing or, They'd still be here." He says.

That's it. He just made the WORST mistake of his life.

"Ohhh.. Here comes the dynamite." Zac and Matt laugh.

"You're just a cocky little ******* who thinks he knows everything! Well, NEWSFLASH! You don't. Nobody. And I mean NOBODY insults my family! My Dad and Brothers obviously knew what they were doing if they had such high ranks! So, I suggest you take your little Probie a** out of here before I have my Husband or Brother, THROW you out." I say.

"Fine! I don't need you all! Bunch of stuck-up, good-for-nothing, Know-it-alls." He snaps. Yeah, There ya go, Zac. Zac steps forward and grabs him by the shirt.

"The doors this way. I'll show you out." He says. He comes back a few minutes later and hugs me.

"Good job standing up for yourself, Princess." He says. I don't answer. He lifts my head up and looks at me. "What's wrong?"

"I need to know how my Dad really died."