Chapter 44

Junkyu POV

Nervous. I was nervous. I didn't know what to expect once I entered the room. Was it even a room? It didn't look like a hospital or a clinic. It looked like a house, a regular two story house with an overly beautiful front yard, white fences, all kinds of flowers with more colors than Hikaru's fruit loops, and well trimmed shrubs goes along to the side of the house.

"Hyung?" Haruto called, looking over his shoulder from a few steps ahead of me as I stuck on my feet.

"Are you sure this is the place?" I asked, walking towards him. "This doesn't look like a place for therapy."

"That's what I like about it.." He trailed off, turning his face to stare at the house with his hands inside his jeans pockets. "..it makes me feel less like a patient. It feels like I'm just a normal person visiting a friend."

He sounds so heartbroken, and there was this urge inside me to hold him, to tell him he's fine, he's as normal as everybody else even when he's not. But I knew it was no longer my place to do so and I retreated my hands before I got to touch him, hiding my balled fists inside my jacket.

"Thank you for doing this for me, Hyung." Haruto said, looking back at me with a soft smile on his face.

"Hmm, it's only right if I do this. Should we go inside then? How is this work?" I asked, returning the smile. I took a deep breath, bracing myself for whatever was going to happen during the session and strode to the door as if I'm going to a battlefield.

I heard Haruto chuckling from behind and I felt his presence on my back as he reached for the bell next to the door. I always have mixed feelings when I'm in close proximity with Haruto. I felt nervous, I felt like my cheeks were burning, but I also felt calm, safe, and...light. It felt like all my burdens were lifted. It felt like I didn't have to worry about anything. Breathing never felt easier with Haruto around.

The door then opened, revealing a woman probably older than us. She wore light makeup with brown shadows and nude color lipstick. Her hair was tied to a high ponytail and she had this unique batch of white hair on one side, like she intentionally dyed her hair white on that section only while the rest remained black.

She smiled warmly the moment her eyes landed on us. "Hi. Haruto-ssi." She greeted Haruto first.

"Hi. SooJin-ssi. This is Junkyu." Haruto introduced me with his palm up near my arm. "Hyung, this is SooJin, my therapist."

SooJin outstretched her hand for a shake. "Hello, Junkyu-ssi. I'm Kyung SooJin."

"Kim Junkyu." I replied, shaking her hand.

She stepped aside, pulling the door with her. "Come on in." She gestured us to get inside, which we did and she closed the door behind us.

I was greeted by a relaxing lavender scent when I got in. Just like from outside, the place looks like an average house on the inside, but before I could see further, she directed us to a door on the right side of the entrance.

The room was dressed in a classic Victorian interior style but with painted dome ceiling. There's a large window on one side, showing the front yard I saw earlier. A big oak desk with two padded chairs in front of it. A couple of bulky comfortable looking couches and a chaise lounge, all in similar flower patterns. There are ornaments and paintings here and there scattered around the room, that makes the room itself feel homey. It was nowhere like Dr. Lee's practice room I used to visit long ago.

"Please sit, Junkyu-ssi." SooJin said, gesturing me to one of the padded chairs with armrests in front of what I assumed was her desk. She rounded the desk and went to sit on her own chair. "Thank you for coming to the session." She said after all of us took our seats.