Chapter 50 - The End

Junkyu POV

You. Her. Me. Our twins. Perfect.

Those words are bullshit!

Two months ago I grinned like a fool every time I remembered my conversation with Haruto in Hikaru's room. But these past few days I always cried because of those words. Like what I was doing at the moment, crying while carrying Hikaru.

I slid my fingers up and desperately wiped my endless flowing tears off of my eyes under my black shades. I felt heartbroken, I felt like my chest was being stabbed repeatedly, and nothing felt important anymore.

"Dada.. No cwayy.." Hikaru said to me with a sad looking face as she put her hand on my cheek, doing her best to wipe my wet face.

"I know, sweety. It's just us now." I sniffed out my tears and brought her head to the crook of my neck.

"Oh Dad, Jesus! Stop being so dramatic! I'm going to be there only for six months!" Ruto threw frustrated hands up in the air.

"But those six months are going to feel like forever!" I countered and cried harder.

Haruto laughed on my back as he wrapped his arms over my stomach, hugging me from behind. "Come on, Baby. Stop making your son feel embarrassed." He said, planting a kiss on my temple to calm me down.

I scoffed at his statement. I didn't embarrass anyone. No one should feel embarrassed.

I mean, yes we were in the middle of airport with thousands of travelers roamed around and glanced ever so often at us, and Ruto's boyfriend was also here hiding his mouth with a hand as he looked away, looking like he was trying to suppress his laugh, and Ruka kept shaking her head and pretend she doesn't know me as I cried like a mother who was about to send her only son off to battlefield and thinking the son going to have his head blown off by a nuclear weapon and come back home inside a casket with flag covering it.

Okay, fine. I was being too dramatic. But dramatic is in my blood, alright. And still, Ruto shouldn't feel embarrassed about it!

Ruto stepped closer and took my shades off, exposing my puffy eyes from crying non-stop since last night. His Appa pulled away and took Hikaru from me, giving some space for Ruto and I to talk.

My ever sweet boy cupped my cheeks and rubbed his thumbs against the hollow of my under eye. "It's only six months, Dad. I'll be back home before you know it." He said and I lurched up to hug my son, cradling his head with his chin on my shoulder. He had to bend down with our height difference. "You don't have to worry. I'll be fine. I'll be a good boy." He added as he rubbed my back.

"I know." I muttered.

I know he will be fine. I trust he's more than capable of staying fine after what our family had been through. But still, he's my baby. It felt like only yesterday he looked for me whenever he had nightmares. It felt like only yesterday he latched on my leg because he was scared I'm going to leave him. And now he was the one who left me.

"And I'll make you proud of me." He said again, and I found myself smiling as I sniffed my remaining tears out.

"I already am proud of you." I replied, breaking our hug and I pushed his hair away from his handsome face so I could kiss his forehead and his cheeks.

Unlike the usual, this time Ruto didn't mind with me babying him, peppering kisses on his face like he was my three years old little Ruto. Back then he used to giggle whenever I did that to him and he would do the same to me even though I ended up having his drools all over my face.

Gosh! I should stop being so emotional and bring back nostalgic feelings at times like this.

"Tell me if you need anything, okay? I'll tell Aunt Lisa to take care of everything. Anything. I'll even send myself if you need me there." I said after I'm done being a pathetic parent.