Chapter 10

Morning has never been crazier like this for Theo

He sat down for almost two hours listening to the advice of the royal councils. He was too worried about everything—and that all this problem was now in his hands and his words were too powerful that could create peace or more chaos than they already had.

"The Prime Minister needs your decision by the end of the day, Your Highness," his council reminded him.

He nodded, still floating in the deep sea of his thoughts.

He only returned to his senses when everyone stood up and left the room. His mother and royal guard were the only ones inside the premises with him. 

"Theo, my son..." His mother reached out to him and held his hand. "You have been watching your father since you were a kid, you were there with him and knew—not everything, but somehow you have an idea where to put this and what decision is best for you. I know, you do..."

Theo puffed his chest out, took a deep breath, and slowly exhales, breathing it all out and looking into his mother's eyes.

"I don't think I do..."

His mother flaunted a smile on her face knowing that she believes in him. One moment, someone came knocking on the door and pay his respect.

"Your Highness, Queen Mother, The Royal Highness Isla is looking for you... she's in her room."

"Thank you," the Queen Mother said. She looked back at him. "I'll go check on your sister, for now, I'll let think about it alone. We'll be here, Theo... you always have us."

Theo gave only a nod as his response.  He watched her walk towards the door, before she could leave, she gave a smile that she hoped could help him lessen his worries, but for Theo, it doesn't work like that.

As soon as she left, he grunted and knocked his head on the desk unintentionally when he only tried to bow his head a little. 

"Are you okay, sir?" the person behind him asked.

Theo looked back and laughed as if he only realized someone was still there with him.

"I forgot you're even here with me," Theo said, letting out a deep sigh. "What do you think I should do, Jeremy?"

RG Jeremy smirked. "Sir, I don't think I have the right to make any decision for you."

Theo stood up from his chair and face him, but Jeremy's way too taller than him so he looked up. "I know, I know... but you're here now and I don't know how for how long you'll stay on my side. I just wanna know your side—your perspective."

"Sir," he started, clearing his throat. "Do what's best for you, for this country, and what you think will be best for everyone. I know the news was devastating. It's a great loss, but you got to stand up on your feet and do what's right."