Chapter 14

This morning was quite hectic for Theodore

He was supposed to be at the training with the others, but he was called by one of the officers in the private room. He was clueless about what it was for. He's starting to assume things in his head that it could've been that his attention might be needed, and then his heart skipped a beat when he realized what it might've been—for real.

He took a deep breath wishing it was something different than what was running in his mind right now.

Did they find out I was at Jeremy's room last night?

He was so scared that the officers will give him another punishment which might lead to Jeremy's dismissal as his king's guard. There are a lot of things that could point to a bad scenario. He crossed his fingers thinking it could help lessen his worry, but on the other side, his actions are pretty relevant that may cause big trouble with a little ripple of his actions.

As soon as he get to the private room which the officer told him to be at, he took a big deep breath as if inhaling much air expands his courage to face this issue. He knocked on the door to announce his presence. A door was opened for him and as he stepped inside, the first person he found was none other than his royal guard, Jeremy.

Oh, shit.

"Your Highness," the officer greeted him. "You may have your seat here."

Jeremy assisted Theo to get on his seat and then stepped back as he settled in.

There are four officers inside the room and they are in higher positions in this camp so Theo couldn't stop thinking about what happened last night. Would he start telling something about it or he should just wait for them to talk about it? Theo believed he didn't do anything wrong, but if it's something that will go against what the camp rules say, he'll take the punishment.

I never thought a good massage last night would bring me here.

"We have bad news for you, Your Highness," the officer started which made Theo start his legs trembling. "Last week when you joined the camp, a week before that, there was chaos occurred in the city which causes lives. Later this week, there was another riot happened in the city and they were looking for you—The King. Since the chaos happened last week, people wanting some answer, help, or assistance. The Prime Minister is working on delivering on what aspects this should be handled. You don't need to go out in public—but they want a statement from you."

Theo doesn't what to feel. It's now what he was expecting that they would confront him, but this is far more serious than a late-night massage.

"H-How? What should I do?"

"We've got an order from the royal council, they'll be coming here later in the afternoon to help you with your statement to the public."

"Do I really have to do this? I am doing great in the camp..."