Vol. 1 Chapter four - Jeremy and Wolf.

September 15th, 2022. 7pm.

Jeremy knocked on the door.

A man with pale skin, dressed in regal clothing opened the door.

Jeremy: Hello, is Wolf Killer or her husband, Charles, here?

Charles: I am Charles, yes, and you're here because..?

Jeremy: Um, my biological father, Quinn Finfern, had an affair a few years before I was born, and, well, Wolf was the result.

Charles sighed.

Charles: Listen, she wants nothing to do with him, so if you're here to bring them together, you'd have better luck going home.

Jeremy: Well, neither do I, but, I just wanted to meet my sister.

Charles: She's in the back collecting her prey for our child. Come on in.

They went inside.

Jeremy: Um, exuse me for asking, but, your family goes back to Wren Helsing, right?

Charles: Yes, why?

Jeremy: We have an immigrant from the underworld living with us, and she's one of Wren's daughters, unfortunately she was held back in the system for a while, so her body and soul is only about 18 years old in development, so she can't tell you anything you don't already know.

Charles: I see. I would be honored to meet her regardless, and who is this lovely-looking lady?

Sarah: Name's Sarah, Jeremy's future sister-in-law.

Jeremy was taken aback.

Jeremy: When you say it like that, it sounds like I'm gonna propose any day now.

Charles: I'll go check on Wolf.

Charles opened the back door only to be kissed on the lips by a drow/arachne hybrid.

Wolf: Well, we got a good haul today, Charles. Fish, insects, and of course, I drained a little blood from a deer for you, because I know you're running out.

Charles: Thank you, Wolf. We have company.

Wolf: Oh, really?

Charles moved out of the way.

Jeremy felt a familiar warmth when he saw her face.

Wolf looked over his shoulder to see Jeremy waving.

Wolf crawled over to him.

Wolf: You're his spitting image. You must be Jeremy.

Jeremy: I am nothing like Quinn.

Wolf: Same hairline, same chin, pale skin for a drow, your hair borders on pink instead of white, you even have his eyes.

Jeremy: Stop comparing me to him, or else I'm gonna get pissed, and everyone in Eurona knows, a pissed Finfern, is a bad Finfern.

Wolf: Alright, fine.

Jeremy: That man abused me every day since mom died until CPS stepped in.

Wolf: Oh, my. He didn't tell me that.

Jeremy: He says he's trying to become a better person, but people don't change.

Sarah: I literally changed my identity.

Jeremy: Okay, trans person, are you any different of a person since?

Sarah: No...

Jeremy: My point exactly.

Sarah: But, I am much happier with myself, and I've got Yuugo under a lot more control, which means I've attacked far less people, and live a much less stessful life. So, I actually have changed now that I think about it. Haven't been to jail in four years.