Vol. 1 Extra: Gilgamesh and the salamander

September 18th, 7 am.

Gil woke up next to Sarah.

Sarah was wide awake.

Gil: Heh, I really thought you'd be gone by the time I woke up. Don't you got a home to go back to?

Sarah: Nah, I tend to just, drift from place to place. Now that there's a place, filled with people I love, I think I found a place I wouldn't mind staying.

Gil: Alright.

Sarah: I've been thinking. You know I'll never be able to give you a child, right?

Gil: Sarah, that doesn't matter to me a single bit.

Sarah: But, down the line, wouldn't you want to have the safety of the idea, that you won't die as the last Ryne?

Gil: We have options, Sarah. If we make it through this whole business with that Bellialuin guy, alchemy is our friend.

Gil put his arms around her.

Gil: We also, don't need to think about that just yet, Sarah. We're young. We should just, live in the moment, while we still can.

Sarah's tears started to flow.

Gil: Hey, sweetie, I love you. Nothings gonna change that. I don't care that you were born a man, I don't care that you can't give birth, I don't care that you're cursed, I only care, about if you're okay.

Poof! Sarah poofed out of werewolf form. Sarah held him tight.

Sarah let go, and they got up.

Sarah: I guess I oughta be heading to work, huh?

Gil: Yeah.

Sarah got dressed in her usual "bad girl" clothes.

Sarah started walking to the garage.

Theo: Hey! Hey, aunt Sarah!

Sarah: What is it?

Theo: I made something for everyone! Here!

Theo handed her a bracelet with letters that spelt out "Eurona's heroes. Euronan family."

Sarah: Awe, thanks kiddo.

Sarah walked through the hallway to the living room.

Barry: Good luck at the range today, Sarah. Show those targets hell.

Sarah: I will. (Does he seriously believe I test guns for a living? I thought he'd see through that. Or maybe he's keeping up the rouse, because he doesn't want to pry?)

Sarah went into the garage.

Jeremy: Hey, Sarah. Can I head to the range with you? Can't let myself get rusty.

Sarah: Nah, it's a private range. I'm not allowed to bring anyone with me.

Jeremy: Oh, that's a shame.

Sarah: We can go to a public range tomorrow if you wanna hang out.

Jeremy: I'd like that.

Sarah hopped on her bike, and strapped on her helmet, before riding off to work.

Gil got on a video call with his assistant.

Gil: Hello, Camille.

Camille: Sir.

Gil: How's everything going?

Camille: We're doing swell. Well, to be honest... Your father's death has left the vast majority of us either celebrating, or mourning the loss.