Vol. 4 Chapter Four - Farewell, Normalcy.

January 8th, 2023. 

The crew had been working to form a plan against Beelzebub, with the help of Grimmdael.

Gil: It's an honor to meet you, Lady Grimmdael.

Grimm: An admirer?

Gil: I'm a worshipper of quite a few demons, and you're on my list, m'lady.

Grimm: Why thank you.

Gil: How are your daughters?

Grimm: Patrice is off somewhere with her boyfriend, and Patty's at her mother's.

Gil: And your husband?

Grimm: Studying the stars. He puts everything he has into making sure he has the most up-to-date information about the stars, and that he's the first one to truly master the stars.

Gil: Interesting. I gotta update the fan blog.

Gil got on his phone.

Grimm: What's with him?

Barry&Sarah: He's got a nerd boner for demons.

Barry: Jynx. You owe me twenty dollars.

Sarah: Not fair, you knew that's what I was gonna say.

Barry: Yup.

Auri and An went out to the roof.

Auri: The underworld's sky is so interesting.

An: Why do you say that?

Auri: The stars here are unlike those in the overworld or even the heavens. They're so much more beautiful. Each one represents a person's mana potency.

An: My uncle was telling me about that the other day.

Auri: Your uncle's a smart man.

An: Sigh, yeah, he really is.

They looked at the stars together.

An: He said something the other day, that really made me wanna become an astronomist.

Auri: Oh?

An: I can't remember what exactly it was that he said, or even how it inspired me. All I can remember is that we were up here, staring at the stars. Calling each other beautiful.

Auri: You just casually call your uncle beautiful?

An: He is a beautiful man, Auri.

Auri moved in close to her.

Auri: It's been a few months now, and... I have to come clean about something.

An: Yeah?

Auri: I... May have threatened Flora back when you were dating. I read her autobiography before I went to the past. She admitted to being abusive and overbearing in the book, so... I got really defensive of you.

An: But, why? Why for me specifically?

Auri: Well, I... Um... Up on the moon, we have this system where we watched a day of the life of any random person. We just happen to get you on the day I realized I like women too.

An: Must've been boring.

Auri moved in closer, with a smirk on her face.

Auri: It was until the masturbation scene.

An: Wh- What?

Auri: It was quite the invasion of privacy, I admit. The whole thing was, but, it was late at night, and I had been watching you all day, and you just, started. I had this weird obsession with you. I even bought my own device so I could actually watch you every day.