Vol. 3 Chapter Three - Day #17

October 12th, 1763.  Wednesday. 7 am.

Everyone's been training for the past two weeks.

An has been reading into the customs of the times while being teased by Flora and Geoff trying to keep her off of An against An's wishes.

Theo and Pinky are making the most of their time together.

Impersand is still waiting for her prince to return, Jay did his best to comfort her every day, and Bell spent most of his free time with her, trying to cheer her up.

Zoe and Tyrone worked on their ability to communicate their feelings with each other.

George, Barry/Mitsuki, and Sarah were having a long discussion about Mitsuki's newfound independence from Barry.

Gil established the Ryne Family business of selling Eurona's special cocoa beans.

This was one special day, for numerous reasons.

The heroes gathered outside the cave, in a pocket of air under the swamp. Impersand was clinging to Bell's arm, and Bell was standing beside Jay.

It was a pretty small cave, paintings and chests lined the walls. One wall had ornate magical runes on it, but, they were all on sliding panels as if they were a sliding puzzle waiting to be finished.

Lin: Tristan, can you tell me how to get past this?

Tristan: (I'm sorry, it's not in my ability. For some reason, I cannot access my knowledge after getting to this cave the first time.)

Lin: Damn.

Bell: Let me see.

Bell took his arm away from Impy.

Bell: I promise, I'll return my hand to your grip soon, m'lady Londóttir.

Bell looked at the stone wall.

Bell started sliding panels around, hand guided by his divine foresight.

They locked in place, reading "ᛒᛖᚹᚨᚱᛖ, ᚦᛟᛊᛖ ᚹᚺᛟ ᛖᚾᛏᛖᚱ, ᚠᛟᚱ ᚨ ᚷᚱᛖᛏ ᛈᚱᛁᛉᛖ ᚨᚹᚨᛁᛏᛊ, ᚷᚢᚨᚱᛞᛖᛞ ᛒᛁ ᚨ ᚢᛁᚲᛟᚢᛊ ᛒᛖᛊᛏ."

Lin took a close look at the runes.

Lin: Hmm. It's Elder Futhark runes. It seems to say, "Beware, all those who enter, for a great prize awaits, guarded by a vicious beast." It's weird to me that it would be an odd approximation of English in a Proto-Norse Futhark.

Jay: Sounds like a challenge, I'm pumped up!

Jay readied The Wolf's Claws and slashed something into the wall.

Barry: A mystery is what it is. It's weirdly structured as well. Who wrote it? There are little to no records of Nordic folk in Eurona at this time.

Jeremy: Maybe it was some nerd who knows Proto-Norse?

Barry and Lin looked at him, one looking downtrodden (Barry) and the other sticking her tongue out (Lin).

Jeremy: I wasn't trying to call you nerds! I'm sorry!

Barry: It's fine...

Lin: Still, you have a point, anyone can learn a language. Anyone can learn a Futhark if they try hard enough. That would explain why it would sound like an English sentence.

Barry: What if they mistook Elder Futhark for Anglo-Saxon?

Lin: Hmm.

Jay: Can we stop talking about the etymology of the fucking runes!?!