Chapter 9: The Big Day (part 1)

After months of preparing, planning and organising, inviting and meeting, the day was finally here. You stood in front of the mirror, eyeing yourself off as you look at the dress you and Mark picked out.

(Flashback)
You looked around the shop looking for Mark. Even though you were in a dress, you had to find Mark. You looked around the small shop and asked one of the employees "have you seen a tall man, dark hair and glasses walking around the shop?" She only pointed past you and as you looked back you see Mark 'wrestling' a white pastel mannequin. You shake your head and walk over to him "Mark" you say flatly, he looks at you and stands yo straight holding an arm of the mannequin which now lay in pieces next to him. He looked at you wearing a lacy white dress, a pattern on the lacy sleeves and small jewels creating a pattern on the torso part. He eyed you but then snapped out of it when you said "you like it?" He gleamed at you "I love it! We should get it!".
(End of flashback)

People were sitting in there seats while you stood in the mirror. For final touches in the last five minutes, you take your mother's old sapphire earrings (something old; something blue) and your friend's tiny high heel charm on your bracelet (something borrowed). Everything else is new. You hear a click behind you and turn to see your older brother, Josh, who came all the way from Australia just to be here (if you don't have a brother well now you do!) he gestured his hand and said "it's time" you smile and walk towards him and take his hand. He leads you to the large two wooden doors. You stood there, thoughts racing through your head 'am I really gonna do this?' 'What if we're not meant to be?' 'What if something bad happens?' Your mind was a blur until the doors finally opened, suddenly, your mind went blank. The pianist began playing and everyone stood. You look and see that at the end of the aisle was Mark. The one and only. You began slowly walking with your brother and what would've been only a minute or two for others, for you, it was the longest two minutes of your life. Finally, you both stood at the alter looking into each others eyes. The priest says "you shall all take your seats" he clears his throat, looks down at his bible and back up again (this might not be accurate, I just looked up wedding vows on the internet so just roll with it :)

"We are gathered here today to celebrate one of life's greatest moments, to give recognition to the worth and beauty of love, and to add our best wishes to the words which shall unite (y/n) and Mark in marriage. Should there be anyone who has cause why this couple should not be united in marriage, they must speak now or forever hold their peace."

There was silence, thank God.
"Mark and (y/n), life is given to each of us as individuals, and yet we must learn to live together. Love is given to us by our family or by our friends. We learn to love by being loved. Learning to love and living together is one of the greatest challenges of life--and is the shared goal of a married life.

"Mark, do you take (y/n) to be your Wife? Do you promise to love, honor, cherish and protect her, forsaking all others and holding only unto her?"

"I do,"

"(Y/n), do you take Mark to be your Husband? Do you promise to love, honor, cherish and protect him, forsaking all others and holding only unto him?

"I do," you reply, gazing at him lovingly.

Mark's youngest cousin stumbles adorably down the aisle, eyes fixated on the pillow of rings he carries.

"I Mark, take thee, (y/n) to be my Wife and promise my love to you forevermore." Mark slips a ring onto your finger.

"I (y/n) , take thee Mark, to be my Husband and promise my love to you forevermore." You take the ring and slowly push it to his left ring finger.

"(Y/n) and Mark, as the two of you come into this marriage, uniting you as husband and wife, and as you this day affirm your faith and love for one another, I would ask that you always remember to cherish each other as special and unique individuals, that you respect the thoughts, ideas and suggestions of one another. Be able to forgive, do not hold grudges, and live each day that you may share it together - as from this day forward you shall be each other's home, comfort and refuge, your marriage strengthened by your love and respect for each other," the preacher begins.

"A friend of the couple shall now lead us in prayer. Please rise."

Bob stands, grinning at you both as he straightens his tux. "Dear Lord, please grant Mark and (y/n) Fischbach an eternity together, filed with unrevocable love and passion for one another. Please grant them what the desire in their relationship; that future children may live long and healthy lives. Please grant them perseverance, to stay with each other through thick and thin, through illness. Please grant them the ability to not have to endure these hardships. In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, Amen."

The preacher continues. "God hath joined together, let no one put asunder. Mark and (y/n), in so much as the two of you have agreed to live together in Holy Matrimony, have promised your love for each other by these vows, the joining of your hands and the giving of these rings, I now declare you to be Husband and Wife. It is my privilege to present to you Mr. & Mrs. Fischbach. You may now kiss the bride."

Your hear the starting to crowd cheer as Mark dips you back a lays a passionate kiss on you. You kiss him back. Soon enough it felt as if no one was there and it was just the two of you. He holds you back up again and holds your hand and bows his head slightly to all of your friends and family, taking your arm in his and walking down the aisle.

I feel so proud of this chapter... and it's only part 1!! Thank you reading, if you liked it please leave a star thing, comment and follow me! Sincerely The Very Fancy Panda. Buh-Byyyeeee!!!!