07 Do the right thing

The next day in the bureau, Hae-in was talking to Jennie when Lisa and Jisoo came in together. They immediately stopped talking to each other when they heard what Hae-in said.

"We lost Kang. No sign of the painting or the money either."

Jennie took a long breath through her nose and then nodded at her agent. "Well, fuck..."

"Yeah..." He just responded, then he turned when he noticed Jisoo and Lisa approaching slowly. Jennie's eyes caught them at the same time.

"Any luck on your stakeout last night?"

Jisoo grimassed at the memory of their stakeout gone rogue. "Pretty sure we had the right Fleur, but... was a bust anyway..."

"So you didn't find anything?" Jennie prodded when Jisoo shrank a little and subtly moved behind Lisa's shoulder. Even though nothing really happened, Jisoo still felt incredibly guilty for so much as having been flirted at by another woman that wasn't Rosie. She wouldn't voluntarily tell her best friend about the night they'd had. 

Also she was concerned for Lisa's well-being too. She still wasn't sure wether she interpreted the subtle glances between them right. Or the attitude on Jennie when Lisa got too cosy with other women. But she still thought they'd look good together. And so did Rosie. 

No, Lisa and Jisoo would take their stupid stakeout night to the grave if Jisoo had anything to say about it.

"How was your date?" Lisa spoke up as if she couldn't keep her mouth shut. She eyed Jennie strangely. The agent's eyes shot to her CI and then narrowed in dangerously on Jisoo.

"Chu, do you know what the word confidential means???"

Jisoo shook her head and shrank even more behind Lisa. "I didn't tell! She figured it out!"

Jennie's anger seemed to evapurate as fast as it had come. She closed her eyes for a moment, then puffed out some air. "Doesn't matter anyway. It was a shit date if you two must know. Equally as shitty as this case is right now..."

"Sorry Jen..." Lisa pressed out. She meant about the case though. Because secretly she was kind of glad that Jennie's date hadn't gone well. She knew she wasn't supposed to feel that way... as Jennie's friend... but she really couldn't help it. 

"What can we do?" The blonde asked. There was some slight guilt in the mix as well. Because Lisa took the painting last night. And neither agent knew about it.

"I don't know..." Jennie sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose. She was getting a headache and it was only nine in the morning. 

"Why are you in so early anyway? You had a night stakeout. Go home to your wife Chu!"

Jisoo sighed a little tortured. Lisa knew what she was thinking. Jisoo couldn't lie to Rosie. Not for the life of her. But she knew the dark-haired agent was determined to keep last night from her wife. However hard that was going to be.

"Take the morning off! We can regroup in the afternoon. I mean both of you by the way." She threw a look at Lisa too. 

"Afternoon? You'll text me when to come in?" Lisa almost jumped at the chance to go back to her apartment. The painting was hidden there and she had to think how to go on from here. Without the agents.

"Yeah, I'll call." Jennie told her and exchanged a suspicious look with Jisoo. Because Lisa usually didn't like to be kept by the sidelines. She didn't have much to do at home. She got bored easily. That's why she always threw herself into the task at hand. If it was a heist in the past or her work with the FBI right now. 

Jennie dismissed both of them anyway and watched them leave together. 

*

Lisa paced up and down in front of the painting in her apartment. She had put it up on a painting easel. She still liked to paint in her free time. There were actually perfectly painted replicas of famous art lying around her loft apartment. She called them replicas on purpose because everything else would be a forgery. And that was the exact crime she was busted for.