20 Thief in training

Lisa and Jennie had briefed Bambam with all the need-to-know facts while he had single handedly emptied the twenty-year old bottle of merlot. 

"Ok, fine. I'm in. If Cho is really behind those blackouts, I want him off the game. I hate this heat. I hate sweating and it gives me headaches." He whined from the couch while Jennie was sat in an armchair and Lisa was on the floor in front of it.

"But don't think for a second that this is easy, Fed!" He snarked at Jennie, who gave him a stare and rolled her eyes. 

"I've been through Quantico. What more do you think you can throw at me!?"

Lisa snorted quietly at their stare-off. Bambam was fiercely loyal to Lisa and it still irked him that Jennie had put his best friend away for two years. Another two years would be following that Lisa was on the FBI's leash. But a leash in the form of an ankle monitor was still better than prison. At least she was out. 

She couldn't go back to her old life though. Not as long as Jennie was there to prevent it. And Bambam knew that. But it was the only life that he knew. He didn't play into the system and he sure as hell didn't play well with others. Lisa was more than just his best friend. She had been his partner in crime for almost ten years. Now he was more or less on his own. At least 'job-wise'.

Therefore he harbored very mixed feelings about Jennie and the FBI. And it didn't help at all that Lisa was attracted to the pretty agent. Yes, Bambam could admit that Jennie was beautiful but he wasn't sure he liked where this was going. Lisa didn't fall easily. However he was beginning to see all the tell-tale signs.

"Honey, this is the very opposite of Quantico." The tall man deadpanned with a very theatrical hand gesture.

Lisa looked from one to the other, how they were seizing each other up and down with slits for eyes. It was hilarious to watch how her two worlds clashed.

*

"Mr. Cho, this is Lisa Manoban." Nayeon introduced Jennie when she brought her out to the terrace of the high rise office building in the very center of Seoul. The sun was burning down on them as mercilessly as it had done for the past month or so. Giving Cho a real edge to his shady business of screwing over the city for energy.

In order for Bambam and Lisa to train Jennie, the agent actually had to get the job first. That's where Nayeon came into play, putting her on Cho's meeting schedule.

"I'm sorry?"Mr. Cho looked up from his phone, distracted when he took in the two approaching women. His hair was mostly white with age and he wore a really expensive italian suit. Jennie made note of the label because she had seen Lisa wear one of their dress jackets once. She hadn't asked how in the world the con-woman could afford something like that. She was sure Lisa still had some off-shore accounts bursting with credit from past heists, that she couldn't admit to to Jennie. So Jennie didn't ask. For both their sakes. Lisa had looked outrageously good in that jacket. That was the only thought that Jennie let herself get away with. 

"Your eleven o'clock appointment." The tall assistant explained to Cho professionally before she left Jennie to her own device.

"I understand you're interested in an acquisition." Jennie stepped closer to Mr. Cho casually now. She didn't go in for a handshake. 

"Who told you that?" Cho was looking at Jennie quite suspiciously, seizing up her appearance. He hadn't been going around the city, promoting that he was looking for a thief. He'd only talked to this one guy, who he knew had some contacts.

Logan Blue.

He was an Australian fellow, who had settled here in Seoul and was mostly known for breaking and entering. He had a file with the FBI but he'd never been detained for long.