Day five

When it’s about eleven a.m., I decide that I had enough of this campsite. Maybe, if this trip stays as boring as it is right now, I’ll head home earlier, stay at my parent’s for longer than planned.

I didn’t arrive at the seaside yet, though. I bet that things will be a bit more exciting when there’s the sea you can swim in. Maybe I’ll leave out a few steps on the way and head there earlier. Even though I really did want to visit that city Zayn talked about and go to an amusement park Lottie recommended.

For now, I just turn on some nice music as I drive into the direction I came from yesterday. I have to follow the same path again and when I arrive at the big gas station, I left Harry at yesterday, I decide to buy some more crisps as well as a sandwich for breakfast at the shop inside.

When having parked the car, I walk to the shop and pass a few people sitting on benches, having small picnics.

One guy is alone and from the back, he really looks like Harry.

It is Harry, as I notice while passing him. “What the fuck?”, I blurt out, “What are you still doing here?”

He shrugs. “Couldn’t find anyone to take me with them. They either don’t head where I want to, don’t have anymore seats left in the car or think I’m a murderer.”

“Understandable. I’d think you were one too.”

He rolls his eyes. “I’m getting breakfast. Stop annoying me.”

“I’m getting breakfast too. Stop annoying me.”

He tilts his lip and nods. “Want to get some together? Or are you still convinced I’m a murderer?”

I scoff as we continue walking towards the shop. “No, murderers don’t draw in journals, unless you were drawing weapons.”

He doesn’t answer but holds the door of the shop open for both of us. I head straight to the section with the sandwiches and grab two, while Harry walks of somewhere else. I take two ice creams as well, hoping Harry will like them and wait for him at the checkout after I paid.

“Got this”, he says and shows me some weird yoghurt.

I don’t even question it and let him pay before we walk outside again and sit down at the table.

“And you camped here then?”
He nods and rips open the yoghurt before starting to curse. “Fuck, I don’t even have a fucking spoon.”

I laugh at him for about five minutes before walking back to the car and getting a spoon from one of the little boxes in the trunk.

He rolls his eyes and mumbles a small ‘thank you’ as he takes it and we start to eat in silence.

“Want to come with me again?”

I am not sure why I said it. Maybe because he’s kind of a decent person when he’s not busy with being weird and annoying, or maybe, what seems like the more possible solution, I just got really bored of being alone after one and a half days already.

He rolls his eyes. “Don’t make fun of me, Louis, this is serious.”

“Yes, you definitely made that clear, Harry, thank you. I am being serious because honestly this road trip bores the fuck out of me and even sitting in silence and watching you scribble in that pathetic notebook is a little more fun.”

“Well, thank you for the compliment”, he says and bats his eyelashes and I want to slap him across the face.

“Don’t let it get to your head, fucking annoying hipster and answer my question.”