Day seven

Harry of fucking course is the reason I wake up the next morning again.  “For fucks sake when will you ever stop being annoying?”, I mumble, covering my face with my pillow.

I hear him chuckling next to me and it makes me smile, just a little. I remove the pillow from my face and open my eyes, expecting the sun to blind me, but everything is pretty dark. It’s only now that I notice the rain still pattering down on the roof.

“Ew”, is all I say and Harry laughs again, closing his backpack and placing it on the floor carefully.

“Yeah, kind of. I suggest we keep driving for a bit today. It’s not like I really fancy staying at a river with that weather.”

“Agree. What do you want for breakfast?”

He shrugs and hands me an energy and a chocolate bar. “Here. Will have to be enough until later.”

I slip a hoodie over my pyjama shirt and stay in my jumper before climbing to the front
“Let me just wake up for a bit”, I say, “Or I’ll crash us into a car.”

Harry grins as he sits down next to me. “Sure. But I can drive, too.”

“Um, not sure. I mean, it’s your choice. Either just drive so well, that we don’t crash the car, or get killed by my dad.”

“I’m not a bad driver”, he says and gets up again, “I’ll drive us.”

We change seats and I close my eyes for a while, listening to the sound of the engine and Harry quietly humming some song.

“I’m bored”, he interrupts the silence after some time, “Let’s play a game.”

“As long as it’s not ‘I packed my bag’, yes. Played that one for way too many hours with my sisters already.”

He laughs. “Was thinking, maybe, kiss, marry, kill?”

I open my eyes again, look at him for a second and smile at the way his curls fall over his shoulders so prettily. “Sure. I start.”

He nods and lets me think about it for a while. “Um. Let’s say: Ed Sheeran, Taylor Swift and, um, Katy Perry.”

“That’s just rude”, he says, “I can’t kill Katy Perry.”

I laugh and look out of the window for a bit, suddenly feeling happier than ever before on this trip, despite the bad weather.

“Can we say avoid instead of kill, please? It’d make the decision a bit easier.”

I laugh and nod. “Okay. Avoid Katy. Kiss Taylor. Marry Ed.”

“Not bad. Your turn.”

“Okay”, he says, “This is hard, let me think. How about Jack from Titanic, Noah from the Notebook and William from Notting hill.”

“I don’t know the Notebook.”

“You what?”, he shouts and stares at me in disbelief, opening his eyes widely.

“Look at the fucking road”, I shout back, “You’re gonna get us killed after all.”

He laughs. “Doesn’t know the Notebook”, he mutters quietly and shakes his head, “Then let’s take Peter from Spiderman instead.”

“Okay. I’ll avoid Jack, because he’d die soon and I don’t want my heart broken. Kiss William and marry Peter because how fucking cool would it be to have a wedding with Spiderman?”

He laughs quietly and I smile. I suppose asking him on this road trip was a good idea after all.

We continue driving for about three more hours before we’re both getting hungry and Harry says he won’t drive any longer before getting something to eat. We stop at a gas station and while Harry tanks the car, I get us sandwiches from the shop.