Day twenty-one

“Louis”, Harry mumbles, “Baby. Hun. My love. Loulou. Wake up.”

I roll my eyes before having opened them. “God”, I say, “You were so sweet yesterday and now this.”

He pouts. “Sorry.”

“Was bit cute”, I admit, “But we better forget about the Loulou.”

He laughs. “I’m so surprised we didn’t fall off the roof. Woke up a few times tonight and had to check you were still next to me and not on the ground.”

I laugh and pull him in closer, breathing in his scent.
“And you’re sure you’ll drive back with the train?”

He nods slightly. “Yeah. Will. Hey, Louis, promise you come visit me right when you’re back home?”

I nod. “For sure. We’ll text but I’ll be back in a week. You can show me your flat.”

He grins excitedly and nods before sitting up. “I’ll go and take a shower. You too? Then afterwards we can have breakfast before leaving.”

I nod but stay laying there for a bit before following Harry to the restrooms. We both shower and get dressed, only having a short breakfast because we rather spend the rest of the morning cuddling in bed.

My phone rings a bit later and I pick up, hearing my mum’s voice on the other end.
“Darling”, she says, “How’s it going? When will you be there?”

“Oh”, I reply, noticing it’s a little bit late already, “I’m on my way, mum. Will be there in less than an hour. I love you.”

“Love you too”, she replies before hanging up again.
Harry pouts and pulls me in for a kiss. We drive to the train station mostly in silence, his hand on my thigh as we drive.

“Gonna miss this”, he says, “And you. And summer.”

“Me too. All of it, but you the most. Even your stupid trunk and that annoyingly pink bubble-gum. Even you putting your feet on the headboard and stealing all the green gummy bears.”

Harry smiles broadly as he parks the car. “That’s like one of the cutest things you ever said.”

We get out of the car and I carry his bag to the right track.

It's silent as we walk and I try not to be sad the holidays are over because I surely am happy to see my family again.

“So”, I say once we're there, “I’ll see you in a week.”

He picks me up from the floor a little, lifting me up so he can press a kiss to my lips without bending down. “Thank you, baby. For all of this. So excited to invite you on a thousand dates at home. And ask you to be my boyfriend.”

I smile as he cups my jaw and kisses me for longer this time, until I’m dizzy and smiling even more, my tummy making tumbles.

“Alright”, I say, “Now I’ll leave, yeah? The others are waiting.”

He nods and kisses me twice. “Drive safely, now that you don’t have me accompanying you.”

I roll my eyes. “Will do. You too. Tell the train driver to not get into an accident.”

He nods. “Bye, Lou. See you at home.”

I wave one last time before walking back to the car.

~~~

It’s already late when I head to bed that day, having talked with mum, dad and my sisters for the whole evening. I even told them about Harry and while dad was mostly worried about his car, mum lectured me on letting strangers into cars.

Now I fall into bed, nearly expecting a big hand to lay down on my tummy as someone wraps his hands around my waist but there’s only a blanket and my old teddy bear in my bed.

I pull out my phone and read the few messages Harry sent me over the day.

In the train

Ordered a milkshake

Just realized i never gave you your portrait

Staring at pictures of you

Miss you loulou

Heh

Text me goodnight, yeah?

I can’t stop smiling anymore once having read the messages.

Get me a lemonade, yeah?

U r so annoying

Goodnight, H. Have sweet dreams

My bed is weirdly comfortable
He replies almost immediately, making my heart jump with excitement for no specific reason.

Night, baby, sleep well

I smile softly, wrapping my arms around my waist, knowing I’ll see him again in a week, smiling broadly despite him not being here because I know summer is ending with one of the best persons ever by my side.

~~~

know this was super short but couldn't come up with much for the last chapter

there will still be an epilogue

<3