Chapter 7

Lucy reached for her cordial and took it out. She dropped one drop into Sara's mouth and they waited, but nothing happened. She was still bleeding.

"It's not working." She exclaimed.

"She can't be cured by flower juice." Mrs. Beaver said "We must get her to Aslan quickly before she bled out."

"Only Aslan can help her." Mr. Beaver nodded.

Peter ripped the bottom of his shirt and wrapped the piece of fabric around Sara's wound. He then put on hand at her back, one hand under her knees and lifted her up, carrying her bridal style. Her head was leaning against his chest, her hands placed on her stomach. She breathed heavily, her eyes were on edge of closing and her brain was threatening to shut down.

"Then we must hurry." Peter said and started walking after the Beavers, then he whispered to Sara "Stay with me."

"I wish I could." She said, more like a whisper.

"You have to try." He said "Like you said to me, try."

She didn't replied, but she tried to keep her eyes open. She tried to keep herself focus on his heartbeats rather than the terrible pain in her leg. Peter kept whispering things to her to keep her awake, afraid that she would slip away. He tightened his grip around her, trying to keep himself calm, telling himself not to let out his fear. He couldn't lose her.

They finally reached the camp. There were fauns, centaurs, dryads, and talking beasts everywhere. As soon as they came in, everyone stopped what they were doing and stared at the company.

"Why are they staring at us?" Susan asked.

"Maybe they think you look funny." Lucy joked.

Peter didn't focus on anything, even those strange creatures in front of him that was thought to be in stories only. He focused on the girl in his arms. She was still bleeding, making him extremely worried.

A tall centaur walked over to them, and Peter looked up to him.

"We have come to see Aslan." Peter said.

From a tent in the middle, a lion walked out. His golden mane looked mighty, and his size was rather scary. But his eyes told the difference story. They have the look of gentleness, love and care. At that moment, they knew that was Aslan, the one they called the true king of Narnia. Sara smiled weakly at the sight.

"Father." She whispered.

Everyone kneeled, but Peter couldn't. Everyone knew why, so they didn't say anything. They all knew he was carrying their bleeding Princess.

"Welcome, Peter, Son of Adam." Aslan said with a warm voice "Welcome, Susan and Lucy, Daughters of Eve. Welcome home, Sarafine, Daughter of mine. And welcome to you, Beavers. You have my thanks. But where's the fifth?"

"That's why we're here, sir." Peter said "We need your help."

"We had a little trouble along the way." Susan said.

"Our brother's been captured by the White Witch." Peter explained.

"Captured? How could this happen?" Aslan asked.

"He betrayed them, Your Majesty." Mr. Beaver said.

"Then he has betrayed us all." The centaur from before said angrily.

"Peace, Oreius." Aslan said calmly "I'm sure there's an explanation."

"It's my fault, really." Peter said "I was too hard on him."

"We all were." Susan said.

"Sir, he's our brother." Lucy said.

"I know, dear one. But that only makes the betrayal all the worse. This maybe harder than you think."