Chapter 9

"Lucy, it's too dangerous." Peter argued "You almost drowned. Edmund was almost killed."

"Which is why we have to stay." Edmund said "I've seen what the White Witch can do. And I've helped her do it. And we can't leave these people behind to suffer for it."

"This is totally absurd, Peter." Sara was trying hard to contain her anger "We've gone all the way here, we're obviously their only hope to defeat the Witch, and now you're telling us to pack and go home?"

"Well, that's it then." Susan said.

She stood up, grabbed her bow and arrows and walked away. Sara knew what was in her mind and she smiled at how Susan had changed during the time they stayed in Narnia.

"Where are you going?"

"To get in some practice."

Hearing her sister said that, Lucy gave a big grin before running after Susan with a dagger in her hand to the practice field. Edmund looked at Peter and grabbed a sword he was given earlier. Sara started walking to the cliff to perfect her power. She knew what she had to do. She just got it in mind.

"You're going practice too?" Peter asked her.

"Yeah." She said "Don't interrupt me if it's not important."

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

"What are you doing here, Peter?" Sara asked.

Peter had finished his practice with Edmund and Oreius, so he decided to look for her. And without expecting, he was greeted by an amazing view.

Sara, with her hands a little bit higher than her head moving gently, lifted a huge rock and kept it floating in midair. Her hands kept moving and her eyes glued to the rock above her. Then, she closed her palms abruptly as if she was crushing something, and the rock gave out a loud sound before being broken into pieces like it was crushed by such an powerful force.

"Didn't I tell you not to interrupt me unless it's important?" She asked, snapped Peter out of his awe expression.

"Oh." He smiled "I thought you would want to see me."

"Half right." She smiled.

They sat down next to each other, looking at the skyline in silence. It was comfortable, and warm. Peter held her close to him and she laid her head on his shoulder.

"You know I love you, right?" He broke the silence.

"What if I don't?" She joked.

He lifted her chin up with his finger and held one hand on her cheek. His thumb caressed her along her cheekbone and jawline. His eyes stared deep down into her black orbs. A smile displayed on his lips and reflecting the same one on her natural pink lips. He looked into her eyes, then his gaze fell down to her lips before went up her eyes again.

"Then I'll have to make you know." He smirked.

"Make me." She said.

They leaned in, their lips were about to touch. But when they were just few inches from each other, a voice interrupted the silence, making both of them jumped away.

"Your Majesties." A faun ran toward them.

"What is it, my friend?" Peter asked.

"The White Witch." He said "She has demanded a meeting with Aslan. She's on her way here."

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

"You have a traitor in your midst, Aslan." The Witch said.