【Chapter 10】

It was late afternoon by the time we had reached DIO's mansion.

The mansion hadn't changed much since the last time I saw it, the only difference about it was that there was no evil aura hanging thickly in the air.

Polnareff, Avdol, Iggy, Rita and I stood at the entrance to the mansion and stared up at the building.

"So, this is the place?" Rita asked, not taking her eyes off the building in front of us.

"It certainly is. At least this time we don't have to fight some sadistic bastard," Polnareff said.

I nodded slowly and swallowed the lump that had formed in my throat, trying to push down the horrible memories of this place.

"Let's go inside. We won't make much progress standing outside here," Avdol said as he stepped towards the door and pushed it open.

Iggy, Polnareff and Rita followed Avdol inside, however I stayed rooted firmly on the same spot. Rita stopped in the doorway and glanced over her shoulder at me. "Are you coming, lass?"

I blinked a couple of times and looked over at the Irish fortune-teller. "Huh? Oh yeah... Sorry... I guess I zoned out a little there."

Rita gave me a sympathetic smile and walked back over to me. "I've already told you we'll make sure nothing happens to ya. I never go back on my word."

"It's not that..." I paused and looked around before saying in a hushed tone, "I can't help but feel like we're being followed."

"Followed? Has Scarlet Phantom been able to sense anyone?"

I shook my head and Rita materialized Gin Blossom to scan the area. "Gin Blossom's not picking up anything either," she sighed as her Stand de-materialized. "We'll just have to stay on the lookout for anythin' suspicious. C'mon, let's go inside. The others are probably wandering what's keeping us."

I hummed in agreement and we both made our way into the mansion.

We made our way up the staircase the led towards DIO's former throne room, the very room where I had fought Jotaro and Nori.

As we entered the room, I felt my chest tighten as I scanned around the familiar surroundings.

After searching around the room for a little while, we stumbled across a painting hanging on the wall. I stood in front of the painting and looked up at it. The painting was of DIO, posing as if he was some powerful God, and in his hand, was an arrow. I took a closer look at the arrow in his hand, but before I could register the arrow's features, Scarlet Phantom materialized and yelled, "Look out!" She grabbed me and pulled me down to the floor as soon as a loud bang echoed through the room. I looked back up at the painting from the ground and noticed a bullet hole where the arrow was on the painting.

I slowly got back up to my feet as Polnareff jumped to stand in front of me. "What the hell are you doing here?" I heard the Frenchman growl.

"I could say the same thing about you," said a voice with a slightly western twang that sounded oddly familiar. My breath hitched in my throat as soon as I realized who that voice belonged to.

"Why, if it isn't Horse Face. Long time, no see," Scarlet Phantom spat. I slowly turned round until I came face to face with an enemy we had fought against during our trip to Egypt. The one who fought alongside Centerfold in Calcutta, and almost killed Avdol. Hol Horse.

"Our reason for being here has nothing to do with you," Avdol said.

"I know what it is your looking for," Hol Horse announced as he took a step closer to us and spun his pistol around his fingers.