【Chapter 15】

"C'mon, Y/N! Get another drink down ya!" Polnareff chimed as he placed another shot glass filled to the brim with alcohol in front of me.

   We had been in a night club down the road from our hotel for a good few hours now, and Polnareff and I were already starting to feel the affects of the alcohol in our systems.

   "Are you tryin' to kill me, Pol?" I laughed. "Okay, last one." I took the shot glass and knocked it back in one before placing it back down on the table.

   The nightclub was very crowded and from our little booth at the side of the club, we couldn't even see the dance floor beneath the sea of bodies.

   My head was feeling very fuzzy from the alcohol and the music blasting through the speakers sounded more like a buzz in my ears.

   "Shall we head back?" I shouted to him over the music.

   Polnareff nodded and slid out the booth before walking over to my side of the booth and taking my hand in his. He guided me out the booth and led me through the crowd of people to get to the entrance of the nightclub.

   Once we were outside, the fresh air hit me like I was just punched in the stomach, making my head feel even more fuzzy than it already was.

   As we walked away from the nightclub, I brought a hand to my head, and just before I could say something to Polnareff, I bumped into something.

   I lowered my hand from my head and looked up at what I had bumped into. My vision wasn't able to focus properly, but I could just make out a very tall person on a brown outfit, and was that a bright green wig they were wearing?

   "Hey... watch where you're going," I slurred.

   When the person didn't respond, I let out a low growl. "Oi! An apology would be nice, y'know?"

   Still no response.

   "Y/N? What are you doing?" I heard Polnareff ask behind me.

   I turned my head to face him and said, "This bastard walked into me and won't even apologise." I pointed at the person.

   Polnareff looked past me and tried not to laugh. "I wander why they won't apologise," he snickered.

   "Well, I'll make 'em apologise. Scarlet Phantom!"

   "Y/N! Wait!"

   Before Polnareff could stop me, Scarlet Phantom materialised with her scythe in hand and she swung it at the person, knocking them back.

   The next thing I heard was a loud smash of glass and a car alarm going off. I blinked a couple of times and my vision cleared, only to see a tree lying on top of a car, crushing it.

   "Shit," I hissed and looked at Polnareff who was looking at the crushed car in shock. I immediately starting running away from the scene, my heels clicking along the concrete as I ran. How I was able to run in high heels whilst under the influence of alcohol was beyond me, it was like I was suddenly full of adrenaline.

   I looked over my shoulder whilst running to see Polnareff running after me and I burst out laughing as I looked behind him at the tree on top of the car. Did I seriously just mistake a tree as person I had bumped into and used my Stand to knock it down?

   We made it back to the hotel and stopped outside of the entrance, panting.

   "I can't believe you just did that," Polnareff laughed.

   "Neither can I," I giggled.

   "Damn, I friggin' love you. This is why we're friends," the Frenchman chuckled and walked through the entrance. "C'mon let's get you inside."