so it begins

Darkness surrounded him. He reached out with his hands but couldn’t see them. Somehow he knew he was safe, this darkness would never hurt him. A voice called to him from the darkness, deep and ancient “Gehenna needs its King” He was confused, “I don’t understand, I am no king.” 

“You were born from the flames of Gehenna itself. Bring balance to chaos. Unite the Ba’al. The time for sleep is over.” 

“How do I do that?” 

“With power absolute.” Blue flames exploded around him. Fire poured from his body. He felt like he was being consumed by it. Rin awoke in an explosion of blue flames. He was breathing hard, and covered in sweat. He knew that was more than a dream. After a few minutes he calmed down and his flames dissipated. Luckily nothing in his room had burned. He looked at his clock, it was 7:00 am. Might as well get up, he thought. 

Suddenly there was a loud crack, like the sound when metal gets too hot. Rin grabbed his chest as a searing hot pain shot through his heart. The pain slowly went away. He got up and walked over to his sword. He picked it up off his dresser, and pulled it from its sheath. Down the middle of the blade was a new crack. Larger and deeper than all then the rest.