Surprise

*Billie's POV*

I released Tré's lips and looked back into his dumbstruck eyes.
"W-what was that?" He asked, his voice shaky.
"I don't know... I'm sorry..."
He shook his head, "I don't understand... do you like me or something?"
"Of course I like you?"
"Not in the way I meant, Bill."
"Oh... I don't know... I think it's the alcohol..."
His face dropped which lifted my hopes a little, he could like me too... wait... when had I decided that I liked him? I pushed the thought away "What? Was that not what you wanted to hear?"
"I... I don't know."
"What do you mean you don't know?" My heart leapt. There's a chance!
"Billie, can you tell me what's going on here? Because I'm having a hard time trying to figure you out at the moment..."
"Hey pot, it's kettle; you're black."
"What?" He looked frustrated with me and I realised that this wasn't the time to try and be sarcastic with him.
"You've been down for weeks now and still haven't told me what's up."
"I think this is a bit different than that, don't you?"
"No, I don't. Tell me, Tré."
"Don't turn this around on me, you can't just do something like" he waved his hand in my direction "that and just try and talk about something else! Just tell me what you're thinking".
I looked down. "I don't know what I'm thinking..."
"Well... neither do I..."
Neither of us spoke for a while, I think we were waiting for the other to start, so I picked at my nail. I hated awkward silences...
Finally I decided to be the bigger man and spoke up, "I'm sorry... alright? I didn't mean to cause trouble."
"Then what did you mean to do?" He sighed, facing me once more.
"To be honest I don't know."
"Do you like me?"
"I don't know that either. Do you... like me?
He was quiet for a moment before mettering, "I dunno..."
"...Do you want to find out?"

He stared at me, his mouth agape and eyes wide. "What?"
"Come on, don't make me say it again... It was hard enough the first time..."
"What do you mean 'find out'?"
I scooted up next to him and turned my body to face him. He swallowed hard and looked into my eyes, "w-what are you doing?"
"Just... trust me, okay?" I leaned forward slowly and he froze so I moved back again, "just relax, okay?"
He nodded quickly. "Uh, okay..."
I tried again and my lips met his. He didn't kiss back at first, but the longer we stayed with our lips connected, the more effort he put in. He wasn't bad at it either. It started off as a small, soft kiss but as the time went by it grew and was becoming more powerful and passionate with every second.
Just as I was getting into it Tré pulled away sharply, "I'm sorry, I just don't think I can do this" he moved back on the sofa and brought his legs up, resting his chin on his knees. "I'm just so... I... I don't know what I want..."
"Did you enjoy it?" I asked and he rolled his eyes.
"Jeez, way to make it 100 times more embarrassing..."
"Did you though?"
"I guess."
"Then what's the problem?"
"Are you gay, Billie?"
I tilted my head, "I'm bi, you know that."
"Yes, but that's the thing, I don't think I am."
"You don't think? You usually know for sure if you like men or women, Tré... its whether or not you wanna admit that you do."
He looked doubtful. "I dunno..."
"It's fine, we don't have to do this... It was just an idea, that's all."