Figure You Out

*Tré's POV*

Billie and I were watching a film on the sofa and he was sulking because I wouldn't tell him the name of the movie. It was "Days of Thunder" which, in all fairness I hadn't seen yet, but there was no reason he should be in a mood about it.
I eventually got fed up with him sitting in silence so I leaned against him and tried to go to sleep for a while, hugging a pillow as I got comfortable.
Billie paused the film, "you wanna go to bed?"
"You'll have to get me a few more beers for that" I laughed, "I'm fine, just carry on. If I fall asleep, I fall asleep."
I felt him sigh and the film resumed. I slowly dropped off.

I felt something on my hair but it went away quickly so I dismissed it, not bothering to open my eyes. I felt something else then; something brushed my hair... fingers... was Billie... stroking me?
I squinted up at him and saw him staring down at me. It would have made me jump if I wasn't already expecting it.
"What are you doing?" I saw the credits on the TV out the corner of my eye. "You know the film has finished, right?"
He gazed lazily at the screen then back to me.
"Yeah, I... I just didn't want to wake you..."
I'm not going to lie, I was a little freaked out... "Bill, what's up?"
"Nothings up, what do you mean?" He blinked.
"You've been acting weird all night... ever since," shit! "well you know..."
Billie was scanning my face, his eyes looked full of wonder, like a child seeing something new for the first time... he was drunk... we both were... maybe I should help him to bed.
Before i could say anything he jumped forward and his lips were stuck on mine. I felt like screaming at first but I was in shock. I think I made some sort of strangled noise but it was cut off by the thoughts and feelings racing through me.
I was horrified... but I was also interested... no, of course I wasn't interested... what would my mother think? No, I'm straight... I don't like Billie in that way... but...
Billie pulled away, leaving me to gawp at him. He looked like he regretted it as soon as he read my expression and I couldn't move. I didn't know how to register what had just happened...

As the dizziness died away I just about managed to formulate words again. "W-what was that?
"I don't know... I'm sorry..." he looked away from me.
"I don't understand... do you like me or something?"
"Of course I like you?" He said, meaning to avoid the question.
"Not in the way I meant, Bill."
"Oh... I don't know... I think it's the alcohol..."
I frowned. I didn't know how I felt about Billie, but having someone blame alcohol for kissing you still sucked...
"What? Was that not what you wanted to hear?" He looked at me again, blinking his large emerald eyes.
"I... I don't know." I struggled to think of what to say to him... If I said no then he would think I liked him, but if I said yes then he would be completely shut down.
"What do you mean you don't know?"
"Billie, can you tell me what's going on here? Because I'm having a hard time trying to figure you out at the moment..."
"Hey pot, it's kettle; you're black."
"What?" I didn't have time for this.
"You've been down for weeks now and still haven't told me what's up."
"I think this is a bit different than that, don't you?"
"No, I don't. Tell me Tré."
"Don't turn this around on me, you can't just do something like" I gestured at him "that and just try and talk about something else! Just tell me what you're thinking".
"I don't know what I'm thinking..."
"Well... neither do I..."
I sat in silence for a long time, trying to figure out what was going on and trying to resist from looking at the man sitting next to me.