Help

*Tré's POV*

I had stayed in my room all day, angry with Mike and Billie. Why do they think it's any of their business what's going on in my life?
It was around 10 o'clock that night when there was a gentle knock at my door.
I looked up and waited but no one came in.
"Hello?" I called out.
"You decent?" Billie's voice came from the other side of the door.
"Yeah, yeah, I'm am, very funny."
He walked in and shut it again behind him.
"What's up?" I asked, noting the worried look that was hardening his usually soft features.
"Nothing, I was just bored of Mike going on about the bass." He walked over and sat at the end of my bed. "Are you okay, Tré? I mean really, are you okay?"
He was staring into my eyes and I felt myself weaken, "I dunno, Billie..."
I had meant to tell him that everything was fine... I don't know what happened...
"What do you mean? What's the matter?"
"I don't know..." I bit my lip to try and keep a straight face, "I just haven't felt good lately..."
"Why not?"
I shook my head, "I don't know. I just feel like..."
"... like?"
"Like I don't want to do this anymore..."
"Do what? If you mean the band then you know we can work something out..."
"No, I mean..." I chewed nervously at my lip, "I mean life..."

Billie's expression didn't change, he just continued to stare at me. "Why haven't you spoken about it before?"
I shrugged, "I don't know... it's not something I thought I could talk about."
He sighed, "we'll help you, okay? We'll-"
"-no! Don't tell Mike."
"But we need to-"
"-please, just don't... Please?"
Billie nodded, "okay. Well I'm going to help you then. But you have to let me take you to speak to someone about it, got that?"
I shrugged, "fine."
He cocked his head sympathetically and moved closer to me. "Come here" He hugged me. "We are going to sort this out, okay?"
"Okay" I said, his shoulder muffling the word.
I felt safe with him. I slowly put my arms around him and hugged back. I felt... relieved... I hugged tighter and inhaled slowly to try and stop myself from crying.
"It's okay." He rubbed my back and a sob rushed out as if he had flipped a switch. "It's okay." He repeated.

When I had stopped crying he slowly let me go and I wiped my eyes. "Sorry."
"What for?"
"It just... I didn't want to bring anyone into it."
"Don't be silly, I can help. You need to speak about things if they're on your mind... don't you feel a little better now that you've told someone?"
I did feel better... It was like I had given some of my worries to him, but that's not what I wanted to do. "Thanks."
"No problem" he smiled warmly, "what would I do if you weren't around, eh?"
I wanted this; I needed Billie to be there for me. I felt safer with him and better knowing that he would be there to help me. I acted before I could think and kissed him slowly. He didn't do anything and kissed me back, letting me decide when to stop.