fourty years after you died...

dear rena;

seth and kasey had their baby today. they named her anastasia and she's adorable. those two won't be able to attend rena's wedding though, because it's next week.

but i'm a grandma now! it feels so strange to be able to say that. so very, very strange. camden bet me that seth wouldn't be the first out of our children to have kids, but guess who owes me 20 dollars now? camden always insisted that seth wouldn't be the first because seth assured us when he was little that he "doesn't want kids ever!!"

that sounds like something you used to say huh?

rena is marrying an astronomer none the less. they met at rena's first class at Dalton, and they instantly hit it off. and of course, i only know this because rena was so excited to tell me all about it.

they live together in a studio apartment now, where they have twelve different telescopes lined up in the windows looking out onto the New York sky. the sweet boy she's marrying has the last name Gold, so that mean's that her name will be serena gold after they're married. how funny is that?

hadley thought it would've been awesome if she would've gotten the last name green.

shay still skateboards in her free time, but she works in the marketing department at Google. she really loves it there, and that's all i care about.

camden is visiting her parents at the moment because they are both really sick. i would've went, but we needed someone to stay home and watch the house, so i volunteered. i regret that decision though, because it's just me all alone in our overly large beach house. it sucks getting old! you would hate it.

i wish you were here with me rena. i say that in every letter but i mean it just as much every time. you would keep me company and i would never be bored with you here. you would wrap me up in your arms and you would let me cuddle there, sleep there, annoy you there. everything would be okay then.

i miss those days when we were young souls with no cares or ideas about anything.

i miss you.

goodnight rena. i love you.

- baby xoxo