the true face

I had suppressed the actual test in light of the recent problems but now that the three younglings were facing both the renegade Anzati and the three Trandoshans an uncomfortable feeling spread through the pit of my stomach.
The younglings would not survive this battle. One look at Obi Wan and his worried face was enough to see that he felt the same way.
Dazed I looked at the camera showing the clearing where a fight was now breaking out while I was still trying to get into the system.
I was looking at one of the monitors again which showed the fight between the young Trogruta and the three Trandoshans when I noticed something and stopped my movements.
The girl let two boxing blows fall on one of the Trandoshans and then in an elegant turn she whirled around and directed the momentum into her leg, which she now lifted and kicked at the head of the attacker behind her. In another spin faster than one would think possible from a barely trained youngling she went into a crouch during the spin and yanked his legs out from under him.
To me this fighting style seemed so familiar that one might think.... no! She was not here! Why would she be!!! Concentrate Anakin!
I pulled out a couple of cables and plugged them back together so that the energy flow was halfway restored.
Just at that moment Barry was caught by a rifle bullet from the Trandoshane, which meant he had failed the test. Fortunately the energy was enough to get him out of the simulation and the slumped youngling appeared behind us on the transporter.
Master Kenobi walked over to the youngling and helped him up. He seemed a little disoriented but when he saw the screens behind me he rushed over to the console and looked at the fight which was now escalating between Ash and Harvey while Tanja lay unconscious on the floor, not moving.
"You have to get her out of there! " the boy started to panic but I put a hand on his shoulder to calm him down. "We can't yet the system has been hacked and we're already fixing it. We're doing what we can."
Only now did Barry seem to really recognize me and looked at me urgently as if to make sure I understood him. "You don't understand, Master Skywalker. If you knew who she was..." he looked at the screen to the point where Ash was still fighting the Anzati. "And who do you think she is?" I squinted and the little guy swallowed, but the moment he opened his mouth, one of the cameras drew his attention, because the little Trogruta was thrown to the ground and Harvey sat on top of her so that she was lying motionless under him. She turned but it was useless. Harvey said something to her and I would have given anything to know what he was saying before he grinned spitefully and reached out for her face. She fought like hell but it was hopeless as Harvey pulled the mask off her face and brought his fist down so fast that I didn't recognize her face at first but when she spat the blood in Harvey's face and saw her defiant look I couldn't help but refuse to believe what I saw there.
No way...
No, it was a trick.
She wasn't here:
She wasn't supposed to be here.
She couldn't be here.
Yet she was here. My little Snips was here!
But the joy was nipped in the bud when she took several punches. So many that she hardly moved and my throat tightened with fear.
But with fear came anger and I looked sharply at Obi Wan. "Did you know about this?!"

The older Jedi rubbed his chin thoughtfully then looked at me apologetically. "Yes I did, I helped Ahsoka convince the council to let her attend this but it was her idea because she knew you would refuse to take a new padawan." I would have liked to punch Obi Wan in the face but I didn't and focused on Ahsoka now, doing my best to reprogram the system before it was too late for her.