bad dreams

I spent half the rest of the day with Ahsoka and we talked about old times just so I wouldn't have to talk about the last few hours. At some point during the afternoon the doctors got fed up and sent me away. Of course I didn't want to leave to protect her I wanted to stay close to her but they gave me no choice.
The hours after that I could think of nothing else but how defenseless she was but I tried to tell myself that she had already survived worse and was strong enough but the worry about her remained.
It was the middle of the night when I crept into the infirmary and entered Ahsoka's dark room.
She was sleeping fitfully as if having a nightmare and for a short time I couldn't bring myself to wake her. Her chest rose and fell frantically and she tossed her head back and forth but she didn't wake up.
She didn't seem to be doing well, so I went over to her and gently touched her on the shoulder. Immediately she startled and grabbed my wrist.
"Hey, Snips, it's okay."
She relaxed again and let go of me. "I'm sorry but what are you doing here?"
I scratched the back of my neck in embarrassment. "I.... Do you want to go for a walk? I know you hate lying here idle as much as I do." I grin at her and she returns the smile knowing I was right.

Together we walked through the dark corridors of the temple and through the garden then I persuaded her to come to my quarters and rest.
I sat down at the work table which stood in my quarters and began to screw around on a model.
At some point I heard her fall asleep, but it was like before she could not sleep peacefully and turned back and forth.

I sighed briefly and got up quietly.
Without waking her I lay down with her and took her in my arms. Ahsoka immediately calmed down and snuggled in my arms. I pulled her even closer to me and closed my eyes as well.
I hadn't slept as well as I did that night for a very long time.