𝙼𝚘𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙵𝚘𝚛𝚠𝚊𝚛𝚍

1 week prior

"Appa, It's been a month and a half, yet he hasn't tried anything. Any updates from the police? The girls are getting bored from having to stay here 24/7." Chaeyoung sighed while speaking to her father.

"My men have been keeping an eye out every, especially the apartment, but he hasn't done anything. The police said his last trace was last week, there's no new evidence." He replied in a tone Chaeyoung knew so well. His apologetic tone, a sound Chaeyoung felt bad about every time she heard it.

"Don't worry, Chae, your girls are fine. With the amount of protection they have, no one can lay a single hand on them." Chaeyoung smiled because he was right. Not a single person will lay a finger on them, especially not with Chaeyoung around.

_________

"Eomma when can we go back? Why do we have to stay inside? I want to go outside and play!" Ryujin whined. Nothing new, nothing different. Everything and every day is a repeat of the same activities.

"Baby, you know why. You know you can't go outside and play. It's just not safe right now." Ryujin clung on to Chaeyoung's legs. She just looked down at her, feeling bad that she can't do anything.

"Eomma up!" Ryujin had glistering tears in her eyes. Now, Chae was sure she was just tired. She did as she requested and picked her up. 

"How about...some milk and a nap? Does that sound good?" Chaeyoung suggested. Not only for Ryujin, but for herself too. She's more than tired. She's drained.

"Will Eomma sleep with me?" Ryujin really hasn't been the same since last week. After Yuna and Mina got sick, she just won't sleep.

They have no idea how, but Yuna got really sick. Mina did everything to prevent Ryujin from getting sick too, which mean't shutting her out. Keeping her away from not only her mom, but her baby sister too.

The two have such a wonderful bond, and it really is hard to break. As time went on, Yuna hadn't gotten better and Mina got sick too. They can't go to the hospital, especially not after what happened to Yui and Chaeyoung.

They can't even call a doctor out to the safe house because, well, it's a safe house. It's not for others to know about. Luckily, Chae's eomma is trained enough in the medical field. There isn't much improvement, but Mrs. Son is sure that Yuna has RSV.

The poor baby is struggling to breath, and it hurts so much to see. Mina seems to only have bronchitis, though.

Chaeyoung snapped out of thoughts, "Oh, Yeah. I'll sleep with you, baby."

"Can we see Mommy and Yuna?" Ryujin asked as she hid her face in Chaeyoung's neck.

"Only a quick glimpse. Put your mask on, okay?" Chaeyoung agreed. She wanted to see her girls just as much as Ryujin did.

Chaeyoung carried Ryujin upstairs to the room that she and Yuna share. Once Chaeyoung made sure Ryujin had her mask on, she carefully opened the door. Inside, Mina laid on the bed. Nothing but a sports bra and shorts, considering she keeps running a fever. Yuna laid in Mina's arms, her as well, nothing but a diaper.

"Hi mommy" Ryujin quietly spoke. Mina looked over at the two, despite being sick, showed a bright smile.

"Hi baby!" Mina's rasp of course making it harder to hear. Chaeyoung just smiled as she saw Mina doing well.

"How are you and Yuna feeling?" Chaeyoung questioned. Yuna didn't sleep, she just stared at Pororo on the TV.

"Yuna is still wheezy, but I'm doing way better. I can finally breathe through my nose again." Mina giggled and asked how Ryujin is.