𝙸𝚖 𝚈𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝙱𝚎𝚜𝚝 𝙼𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚔𝚎- 𝙴𝚙𝚒𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚞𝚎

Three Years Later: September

It was early September, and the first cool breeze of fall swirled through the air, bringing a refreshing change to the otherwise warm afternoon. The sound of laughter and footsteps echoed through the backyard as Heejin and Yui, now 11 and brimming with pre-teen energy, chased each other around the garden. Their closeness, formed over years of shared memories, had only strengthened. Now, they spent their afternoons discussing school, friends, and the newest trends, both on the verge of turning twelve and soon after would be entering their teenage years together.

The two girls hung out tons after Heejin's return. Never a day the two didn't talk.

[8 Years Old]

[11 Years Old, 2 nights prior]

"Heejin! Slow down!" Yui called, breathless but smiling as she struggled to keep up with her cousin's speed. Heejin, with a teasing grin, tossed her hair over her shoulder and sprinted ahead.

"Not a chance, Yui!" she shouted back, her laughter ringing through the air. Heejin had always been fast, often beating her cousin in races just to enjoy the victory. But they didn't mind — their playful competition was all in good fun. The two girls slowed down to catch their breaths and have a break.

Heejin had been running around for some time now, though she kept one eye on her younger sisters. Her long, dark hair had grown down her back, and she exuded a quiet, thoughtful maturity beyond her years. She occasionally looked up from her spot, making sure Yuna and Reya weren't getting into too much trouble.

Nearby, Ryujin, now 8, was in the middle of directing an imaginative game, her voice clear and strong as she instructed Yuna and Reya to follow along. Always the natural leader, Ryujin had taken up the role of organizer, ensuring her sisters stayed on track with their game of pretend explorers. Her energy and fiery spirit were as vibrant as ever, but over the years, she'd grown more protective of her younger siblings. She keeps herself busy outside of sports.