1: Injuries

Tw: Blood, cuts, torture mention, fluff.

A white wolf streaked through the trees, its piercing red eyes flashing in the darkness. Its white coat was matted with dirt and blood, and it was limping slightly. Its legs buckled and it snarled before standing up and running again.

The wolf continued to run until it collapsed. It whimpered quietly as it lay there, blood oozing from a large cut on its side. It lay there until a loud howl sounded from the trees around it. It staggered to its feet just as three wolves came trotting into the clearing.

The one in the front was pure black, with red tipped fur and crimson eyes. The one on the right was sandy coloured and had blue and gold eyes. The one on the left was dark brown with vivid green eyes. The one at the front snarled at the white wolf giving a command. The white wolf began to follow the other three through the forest.

Before long they had arrived at a clearing. There was a small stream nearby, and a couple large tents and buildings scattered around. Werewolves milled around in the tents, at the river, in the shadows near the edge of the forest. Some looked up as the white wolf passed by, others snarled at it.

When they reached the middle of the clearing the wolves stopped. The black one began to transform back into its human form. The other two did the same. The white wolf stayed standing, tiredly watching the other wolves. The black wolf had transformed into a young man of about twenty, with crimson eyes and black and red hair. The sandy coloured wolf was now a short man with blond hair and gold and blue eyes. The brown wolf had transformed into a tall brunette with green eyes. 

The black-haired male stepped forward and growled out one word. "Transform". The white furred wolf complied beginning the transformation. It transformed into a white-haired tall male with the same piercing red eyes as before. As a human, their injuries were more visible and painful. Eventually, they sank to the ground unable to stand.

"Who are you", the black-haired male questioned. "Xae, they replied, pronouns are they/them". "I was exiled from my pack". The black-haired man looked shocked and the other two seemed suspicious.

"Why"? Xae considered lying but decided on the truth." I got into an argument with my brother, Xisuma, he locked me up and other members of the pack came and tortured me". "Eventually, I was exiled".

Xae looked up at the other male. He was surprised when he saw fear, concern, and anger in his eyes. "Grian, Scar, he said, go find Pearl, tell her to bring medical supplies"! Grian and Scar complied running towards one of the larger tents. Xae was confused, surely this pack would just tell them to leave too!

The man helped them move into a more comfortable position up against a tree." My name is Hels, he said, I am the alpha of the pack, and my pronouns are he/him". Xae nodded weakly, they hadn't eaten or drunk water in a week. Hels seemed to notice how tired they were and asked a silver haired man to get water.

A few minutes later Grian and Scar came back with a brown-haired woman who Xae assumed was Pearl. "I'm here", she cried breathlessly as she set down a large collection of bottles. She gasped when she saw Xae. They had a broken arm, a large cut across their stomach, and two cuts in the shape of an X across their face. Not to mention countless other cuts and bruises across their body.

" Oh, you poor thing", she gushed as she tended to his wounds. "Who did this to you"? " My brother, Xae replied, Xisuma void". Pearl was shocked when she heard those words. Hels seemed taken aback and Grian and Scar looked even more suspicious than ever. As Pearl continued working the silver-haired man came back with a water skin.

" Give it to them Etho", Hels growled. Etho nodded placing the water next to Xae and moving away hostility in his eyes. Pearl finished tending to them and left. Hels informed them that they could sleep in the pack tent but if they caused and mischief they would be forced to leave. Xae nodded wearily and started moving off.

When he arrived at the pack tent a large yellow/gold wolf with red eyes blocked his way. It snarled at him until eventually Xae walked off. He curled up next to the river and changed into his wolf form. He listened to the water splash around before drifting off to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Guys, gals, and non-binary pals, enjoy this book. Love you all