2: Understatement

Tw: Violence, language, hurt, anger, slight sexual action, death

The next morning when Xae woke up they were freezing. It had snowed last night and despite being under a tree, it had still managed to get onto them. Morphing back into their human form, they cracked their knuckles.

Their wounds and cuts had healed overnight, leaving only faint scars. They turned towards the stream and cupped their hands to hold some water. The water was freezing but Xae didn't mind much. As they turned towards camp, they heard an angry voice call their name.

"Xae"!!!

Turning to look, they saw a furious Hels marching towards them, his eyes gleaming like fire. "Where have you been", he growled furiously. "You were supposed to sleep in the tent"! "Hels, you may not have noticed but most of your pack aren't exactly thrilled to see me, and you want me to sleep in the same tent as them", Xae replied. The two werewolves stood there, glaring at each other before Hels let out a long sigh.

"Xae, I'm sorry, I know how hostile they are. For now, I'm gonna need you to come hunting with me, the pack will accept you if you bring them food". Xae nodded and morphed back into their wolf form. Hels watched them curiously, as if it were the most entertaining thing he had ever seen. Xae looked up to meet their fiery red eyes. They ran towards the forest, beckoning Hels with their tail.

When Xae entered the forest, they stopped short in their tracks. An almost overwhelming smell of prey filled their nostrils, deer, rabbits, foxes, Xae could smell it all. One thing that did make them curious was the smell of bear. Bears were rather dangerous to a werewolf and would not hesitate to fight one.

Xae ran deeper into the forest, killing two squirrels and a partridge in a pear tree(teehee). The smell of bear gradually grew stronger and stronger until it overwhelmed Xae's senses. He stopped suddenly as their ears picked up a sound. A bear was lumbering through the undergrowth.

Xae turned around to face it, baring their teeth and getting ready to fight. The bear was massive, twice the size of Xae in their wolf form, with claws as long as their tail. The bear lashed out, narrowly avoiding their face. Xae leapt, clawing at its face and destroying one of its eyes. The bear roared in pain as Xae landed back on the ground.

The bear, angrier than ever, charged at Xae. It sliced a paw through Xae's thick fur, blood beginning to drip down to the forest floor. Xae winced slightly as they went to spring at it, grabbing onto the bears throat with their teeth. Blood spurted out from the wound as the bears eyes began to glaze over.

The bear, half dead from the fatal wound to its throat, lashed out with its paw one last time catching Xae in the throat. Xae howled in agony as drops of blood as red as their eyes began to drip to the ground. It was this noise that alerted Hels to Xae's presence.

As the black and red wolf trotted into the clearing, the first thing he noticed was blood. It was splattered over the ground, dripping from Xae's pelt, oozing out from a large pile of fur. Morphing back into a human, Hels ran over to Xae. The white-furred wolf was sitting near the large pile of fur, licking a large cut on his side. 

Xae looked up at Hels, to see concern and worry in the ravenette's orange-red eyes. They morphed back into their human form to be swept up in a hug. "Woah, calm down there Hels, they breathed, it's only been a day"! Hels stepped away, evidently embarrassed about hugging them. "What did you do"?  

Xae nodded towards the mountain of fur. Hels walked over there to stop in shock. Xae had taken down a bear, and not any bear but the strongest bear in the forest. Just last year that same bear had attacked the werewolves nearly killing Scar and blinding Etho in one eye. Hels turned around in shock to see Xae lying tiredly on the ground.