TWENTY SEVEN

(CHAPTER 27 - DREAMY)

🦢🗡

Flashback

A fairy dressed in pink, named Nova, flew through the sky carrying a bag of fairy dust as the Blue Fairy looked on, and Nova came crashing down into the clouds.

"Easy!" The Blue Fairy said.

Nova looked at her, "Sorry," Nova said.

"Careful! Careful. Fairy dust is the most..." Nova went to put the fairy dust down and the Blue Fairy reached forward nervously, "Precious substance in all the land. Its magic is what powers the world. This is the year's supply. We must be cautious," The Blue Fairy said.

Nova nodded, "I know," Nova said.

"Because next year, you'll be doing this alone," The Blue Fairy said.

"I'll still be picking up dust? I thought I'd be a fairy godmother by then," Nova said.

The Blue Fairy let out a chuckle, "Oh, Nova. You really are a dreamer. Your journey is just beginning. Can you make it home from the mines with all the dust safe?" Nova nodded, "Okay," The Blue Fairy said and flew away.

"Oh!" Nova said then grabbed the fairy dust and flew after the Blue Fairy. As she did this, some of the fairy dust spilled out of the bag, and it spiraled down into a hole in the ground.

----------<3----------

Underground in a mine nursery, where multiple dwarf eggs were, the fairy dust fell onto one of the eggs and it started to move. A dwarf, Watchy, noticed the egg moving and walked over to it, "This one's ready," Watchy said.

Bossy looked over and walked to him, "No, it's too early, Watchy," he looked at his clipboard as Watchy used his stethoscope on the egg, "This unit isn't scheduled to hatch till sundown," Watchy said.

"Well, someone's eager to get out before the rest of his brothers," Watchy said.

The egg started to make a cracking noise, so Bossy and Watchy back away when a dwarf cracked the eggshell and peered out, with a happy grin on his face.

"Welcome to the world, dwarf," Bossy said as the dwarf looked around with a grin on his face.

End of Flashback