THIRTY EIGHT

(CHAPTER 38 - THE RETURN)

🦢🗡

At the convent, Athena and August were talking to Mother Superior before they walked away, and she walked towards the entrance of the convent when she was approached by Mr Gold.

"Mother Superior. Good afternoon," Mr Gold said.

"Our rent is paid in full," Mother Superior said.

"I'm not here about the rent," Mr Gold said.

"Well, good day to you, then," Mother Superior said and walked past him.

Mr Gold turned to her, "Tell me, that man and woman," she stopped and looked at him, "Who just left here...who did they say they were? What did they want?" Mr Gold asked.

"I don't have to tell you that," Mother Superior said.

"And I don't have to not double your rent. What did they want?" Mr Gold asked.

"Advice and council. They both came to town looking for their fathers after a long separation, and they both recently found them," Mother Superior said.

"Ah, and have happy reunions already taken place?" Mr Gold asked.

"No, he hasn't spoken to him yet," Mother Superior said.

"Hmm," he nodded slightly, "And, what about her?" Mr Gold asked.

"No," Mother Superior said.

"And why not? For the woman and her father?" Mr Gold asked.

"Mhm, it was a difficult parting. There are many issues to be resolved between them," Mother Superior said.

"I see," Mr Gold said.

Flashback

Seraphina carefully made her way through the woods until she came to a tree and sat down.

"Reul Ghorm? Are you there? If you can help me, please make yourself known to me," Seraphina closed her eyes as the Blue Fairy emerged from the woods, and Seraphina opened her eyes again, seeing her, "Can you help me?" Seraphina asked her.

"I can help," The Blue Fairy said.

"How do I know I can trust you?" Seraphina asked.

"Because there's good magic and dark magic. And I'm on the right side," The Blue Fairy said.

"You're a fairy," Seraphina said.

"And you are not untouched by magic, are you, child? There's something dark in your life," The Blue Fairy said.

"My father. He's the Dark One," Seraphina said.

"I can't make him the man he was before. But I can send him some place where we won't be able to use his powers," The Blue Fairy said.

"Not a jail. I want to be with him. Like it used to be," Seraphina said.

"Not a jail, young one, just a place without magic," The Blue Fairy said.

"But magic is everywhere," Seraphina said.

"In this world, yes. You see, what ails your father is specific to our realm. His powers do not belong here. You must go where you can escape that wretched curse," The Blue Fairy said.