Scene 6-"A Flame to Blame"

"I don't understand, why did they do it?" she asked him, "Because they were scared, they did it to protect the system, they didn't intend for it to happen that way," "did she know it too?" "She did, she wanted it to happen, but after they got rid of her, it still came back. They still came back," she watched him through the mask he wore, "you're hiding something," she whispered, "tell me everything, tell me before I wake up," Kelvin saw that the only chance for her to know the story was to give it to her one by one, because unless he tells her the story she can save him, save the outcast that he is.

With a sigh he spoke; "Everyone knows the story of the Bycone, that it was the life we live on, little did they know it was the reason earth depleted. No sign of earth, not until frail and I decided to explore the forbidden sectors, 'the undeveloped region' we found it, well, she found most of it. Frail began experimenting on it, just a few pieces of soil and plants grew. With the correct genes, Celestine cubes and pipes she could build a new earth. She shared her knowledge, but that was her biggest mistake." A long pause was gifted and Serena's curiosity expanded, "They knew about her motives, her research and her intelligence, they also knew about the weakening of the Bycone. But most of all, they knew that Ephilemania had a better chance of surviving yet they took it all away. That wasn't the problem, because all they had to do to get rid of that chance was to remove winfrey, and it was simple. They had her injected with a rare plant burned her research and destroyed her life's work. That's when she began to see things, she began Imagining. The injection should have killed her, but it didn't, it made her look insane, and she knew it too."

He stopped and looked at her, "I tried helping, I really did, but the more I tried, the more they knew. You see the system is not just our life; it's what connects all of us. It's the same thread we use to mend our scars. The knowledge, the emotions everyone is the same no one is different, that way they could control us. We see things the same; we do things the same way. It's easier that way and they knew it. After they got winfrey out of their big plan, Ephilemania remained under their control. But I knew it wouldn't be long that you'd come in place. You're the liberator, the only one who can make everything right again, you can turn the Epidians against them, join the rebel and fight them. You can do all of it because you're the only one they fear, you're different."

He should have stopped at liberator because by her expressions the mode of one by one was crushed. She knew nothing about Winfrey Frail and about them. "Why are you telling me this?" "So you are aware of what's happening around you, because sooner or later, they'll manipulate you"

"Them, they, they, they! Who are they?" "You don't need to know" "yes I do, if I'm going to be manipulated or so you predict, I need to know who they are, who are they?!" One by one Kelvin, one by one, his conscious spoke. "I don't know" he said it and she sighed "So you don't know who they are and yet you want me to join some rebel?" "It's complicated", he spoke, the cyboid felt something, but he couldn't quite make out what it was. "Tell me this, if you say these things and you believe it to be true. Might there be a chance that you have been manipulated yourself?"

He might have been manipulated himself, believing in something that he wanted to happen. He stared at his hands and saw the metallic covers; maybe it's because of the thought that he lost her that he wanted this story to be real, that he wanted to blame it all on them. That maybe, his circuits had been breached and someone inserted this memory. No matter what happened, this cyboid who was said to be emotionless, felt his own story and that was what mattered the most.

"The memory is still vague, and I remain silent to that question. Just pieces of advice before you wake up, Listen to them but don't trust them,"

Serena wanted to ask who they were but before she knew it, she saw herself in the real world. Chaos roamed the room, and a single figure walked towards her, Twitch. "I was afraid you wouldn't make it through your first day as a keeper. "What's happening?" "A sector was taken out, the Aurora is gone."

There was no sympathetic tone in her voice, the words were spat and the blame was all scribbled by twitch. Someone knew and of course accusations would be stamped all over Serena or so she thought. "Get up! It's just the two of us now" she scanned the room, no sign of Dimitrice and Ice.

"They left, how? We don't know, why? We're clueless. But right now, we need to stop the axis from invading and you're the only one I trust at the moment,"

A memory flashed, Listen to them but don't trust them.