Scene 17-"Pain & Memories"

"Tell me now!" ordered the feminine figure, "or you will pay" she hissed pulling the white fine hair of the keeper. "Haven't I paid enough" she snapped before spitting on her face. Anger fumed, the figure wiped her face, "You little," before turning to give another kick in her abdomen. "You had your chance, Dimi. I could have helped you but since you're not going to talk," she smiled with an aura of sickness, shielding her and left the emptiness to devour Dimitrice.

Dimitrice called after her. "Kim!" she yelled. It was no use; she spent the entire week in the sick cell with the scent of death creeping up to pull her in. She did not like the smell despite the grave pain stinging on her body, the smell was the worst. It reminded her of something she tried to bury herself in.

"Kim!" she sobbed, total silence.

"Kim!" her voice echoed, when finally she could not call anymore she burst into tears, hands behind her back fastened by metallic wires that gripped into her skin as she moved.

She could not believe what was happening, her best friend, her own kind betrays her. "Kim," she whispered, "how could you do this to me?" she spoke with the tiny drop of salty liquid sip into her mouth. "What have I ever done to you?" so great was the pain, so great the flame of the cavalone keeper. "Relax child" a faint voice spoke, soft yet somehow tensed her. She turned to catch a glimpse of a figure lying in the dark.

But stayed separate from her in another cell, there was light, but so vague it shined. "Are you okay?" she asked when she noticed how mutilated the figure's face was. Her hair was cut out of its place, her eyes blue and grey, broken lips and ripped skins. Dimitrice gasped as she noticed how deep the wounds on the lady's face was, what was more extraordinary was how the woman could survive such cuts, practically a hanging flesh.

She smiled, "I'm doing well" chuckle roared the room, "Come near" the lady urged. "Now, now, do not be afraid, just like you, I, myself am still stunned on how all of this has come to pass" after being hesitant, Dimitrice finally crawls near the woman. "That's better" the woman spoke

"What's your name?" she asked, with a little grunt in her voice, not that she was irritated or anything, but because she had a deep cut on her jaw.

"Dimitrice" she replies, pursing her lips as though she felt it was not quite right to give a total stranger her name. "What is yours?" she asked. The woman turned her head and smiled in the total darkness, "Anoila" she spoke. "Peters?" Dimitrice asked in curiosity, Anoila nodded. "How long have you been here?" she asked tensed "Been here a while".

"How did you get here?" Anoila asked turning her head to see the cavalone prisoner. "I was lured" she replied "And you?" she asked, "The same".

"Where is she?" Twitch roared "She just left" jake replied, "You were supposed to watch her! Mr. Bond" her glare was fit enough to have every epidian running for their lives.

"I did" he replied, "then how did she just leave? Vanished in thin air?!" Doctor Blunt intervened once he knew how threatening the situation was getting as he saw Jake's hand curl slowly into a fist. "Calm down, Madame, by the looks of it she couldn't have gone far" he responded.

"The sheets are still warm, which means she might still be in the sector." He directed them towards the empty sheets. Twitch still held her glare and Jake sensed the urge to punch her face and remove her eyes.

"Doc, set the lockdown. We do not want Mistakes happening again" she spoke without removing her glares of spears.

"Mr. Bond, can you come with me?" Jake nodded and walked out, following the doctor's lead but he heard twitch mumble a few words, "defector".

"What did you just say?" Jake yelled turning around, ready to rip her apart. "Mr. Bond," doctor blunt spoke placing a hand on his shoulder, "No! Doc! I'm tired of pretending. Okay?" he spoke sending glares at both the doctor and the little purple haired doll. Doc held his arms and calmly spoke "Mr. Bond this isn't the time" but was cut off by twitch, "No! Leave him!" she shouted. "This is definitely the time, say it Jake." She demanded as she watched his eyes darken and sensed fire, she too sensed it, but she managed to control hers. "What do you have to say?" she mocked, "Drama Boy" she teased.

Jake was ready to rip her heart out, he wanted nothing more but to slap the living light out of her. How could he have fallen into the pit? , how could he have helped her? After all these years of turning away from him, when he needed her the most, when they needed her the most and she said "I have no time for your petty jokes" he closed his eyes and reminisced the scene. He saw his mother's pale face, he heard his little sister's cry and remembered his father walking out, storming the door. So much boiled in him, but his mother's words came back, like the wind carrying leaves, and it cooled him off.

"That's what I thought" she replied, Jake turned his back towards her and pushed passed the doctor. Who stood relieved that there wasn't a blood bath "Keep a sharp eye on him," she spoke, "Or will have History repeat itself" she cautioned and the doctor nodded before walking out.

"Jake," the woman lay in the bed with a pale face, coughing. He heard his sister's sobs; He could not look into her eyes, those blue eyes that held nothing but care and love for her children. Tears began to roll as he watched his mother called his name. "Shoo shoo" she hushed wiping the tears, her hand so cold and weak, "Jake, Jake look at me," she spoke. "You mustn't let pain conquer you, my boy. You mustn't" her voice so weak and fragile. "But Ma," he managed to say, staring in her half alive eyes, "Right now, you will find it hard to stay strong," and she was right he wasn't strong, he was never strong. "But remember this, Strong people aren't born, they are made. And I need you to be strong for me, I am weak, your sister, your father, we are all weak. Everyone is, that is why I need you to be strong for all of us." He sobbed more and nodded, "come, I am still here" and she pulled him into her arms, patting his back and extending another arm to his sister, "Come Lorraine, Mama, is still here" and the little red haired girl rushed into the warmth of her mother, "Mama! We're sorry! We didn't mean to" but her mother hushed the little girl as she finally took her last breath with her children in her arms.