Chapter 22- "Reunion"

"Quiet, she'll hear you" a voice whispered in the dark, Serena opened her eyes to see her childhood friend stand in the dark grabbing something from the shelf, "Hurry" another voice sounded. Serena felt the floor hard and metallic, she looked around to see that she lay in a very different room. "Nicole?" she called out, "is that you?" she watched as the figures stopped moving, "Nicole?" they came towards her and sure enough Nicole's face came to light, "Hey Peters," her voice an awful sound dragging nothing but pain as she lifted her hands to block serena from screaming.

"Jordan, you better hurry up!" she whispered, Jordan stood with a huge bag opened, and serena watched as the boy packed little packages into his bag. "Faster" Nicole spat. "I'm doing the fastest I can, Nicky" the figure mocked. He almost had his bag full when the doors burst open, "what the hell?" Serena saw Jordan get up to hush the figure, She struggled to break free from nicole's grip but she was too small to move.

The two struggled in silence and serena watched in horror as she saw Jordan slowly choke the life out of the harmless man. "That ought to keep him quiet" he whispered, "Nice one, Jo" Nicole complemented "If you're done playing super hero could you move quickly?!" she mocked. He picked the last package and zipped the black bag lifting it over his shoulder, "let's get out of here," he told her. "Hold on" Nicole spoke as she nodded her head towards serena.

"Leave her, Nicky" he said, "She won't be a problem" he smirked as his eyes scanned serena, "what? Why?" Nicole asked, "Because no one will believe her. She's got dementia, so lets go. Even if she calls for help they wont be able to catch us" Nicole smiled and let go of her best friend, "see you later Peters" she spoke as she kissed serena's cheek.

Once they left, Serena sat and stared at the dead body infront of her, "help!" she yelled, she couldn't make out what and where she was, but all she knew was that she needed to call someone "Someone help!" she yelled. She heard a few footsteps running, "Oh No!" a voice spoke "What have you done?" the voice asked, "I didn't, they did" she spoke pointing towards the door that Nicole and Jordan had gone through but It wasn't there. She watched the figure lift a small box out of his leather jacket and press a button,

"this is alpha one, what do you got?" spoke a voice in the little box, "this is alpha two, I've got a dead body and an insane liberator, over" he paused looking at Body and back at Serena, "Luke? Can you repeat that again"

Luke? She thought to herself, sounds so familiar . she scanned the face of the stranger. His hair black as a raven and his eyes of course were grey, "Damn it Dan, I thought we used the code, and yes there is a dead body in this part of the ship" "A ship?!" astonished as it sounds Serena was quite lost.

How could she be in a ship? "Sorry Alpha 2, but I prefer names" replied Dan, "Alright sending some elites over. And Luke keep the liberator companied no hands, I repeat no hands." She watched as luke's face turned into a smirk. "Yes sir, Over" he replied before he met her gaze.

"A ship?" she repeated, "damn it peters, you didn't have to strangle the life out of him" clearly he was not answering her question, "Luke, right?" she asked, and this caught his attention, he looked up at and then nodded "aye, yes, peters" "Are we on a ship?" she asked looking at her surroundings. "Yes, well practically you are, until we find out whether you actually killed this poor soul" he said lifting the lifeless body, "I didn't" she whined, but she tried helping him lift the body out, "Ironic, you seem to not react to all this bloodiness" he spoke amused but trying hard not to show the struggle he was going through just by pulling the huge body.

"Bold souls don't just help dead ones, they normally back away innocently" he spoke "Well, Im not a bold soul but one that can see you struggling to pull this one tonne bag of meat" Luke laughed and put the figure on the bed and looked at serena, "you amuse me, peters. You really do" she blushed but not for long when she saw her father enter, "Dad?" she stood stunned, "but how did?" she was cut off when her father pulled her close to hug her "Oh! Darling dear," she felt tears fall down her cheek "Dad, I thought you were dead? They said you were all killed" she said, "They were lying" he spat. Luke excused himself and left them to reunite, "Thanks Mccaffy," Mr Evans spoke, "you're welcome, Boss".

"Get dressed serena" Evans spoke, "We have an investigation and a plot and test to carry out." He said, "but dad the body" she pointed at the lifeless figure on the bed, her father chuckled "Its okay honey, that was a decoy. Now we can catch the traitor who has been selling our supplies. Turns out its Nicole Kiddman and Jordan Mesh, these kids are just getting themselves in more mess"

She stood shocked, "but how?" he hushed her and then hugged her again, "I'll explain later right now, you need to get changed, the clothes you need are in those drawers, Luke will be waiting outside. He will be your guide on this course. We can't trust anyone yet."

He dismissed himself from the scene and Serena began searching for a clothes.