Scene 2- "The Darkest Nap"

2.

The room was void, nothing but darkness hovered around her. Serena could not understand how she went from running on the streets to this.

Nothing has ever frightened her more than glancing to see nobody. "Serena!" it was mary, her voice was so loud that she thought mary was in front of her, but every time she stretched out her arms to grab her, she only hugged the black air. "Mary? Mary stay right where you are, I'm coming," She wondered in the darkness without being able to adjust her eyes in its presence.

"Serena hurry!" Mary's voice seemed to have echoed around her as though she was everywhere. "Serena I can't see" "Just stay calm, I'm coming"

Something felt wrong in her words as though she did not chose them. She paused for a while and thought to herself, could this be a dream or was she really awake? Did the ceremony finish? Where was she? Then finally, she remembered what her grandmother always told her "Perceptions is the devil"

Just before she could realize what was happening, something gripped her arms and alas from a dark and silenced room, white and blue vague lights began to appear. She saw two elite pull her towards the outer barriers, she heard the crowd woo and she felt the burning sensation of its heat. Forcefully pushing her head into the barriers, Serena yelled.

"Mary Peters of sector 1!" the crowd applauded and thus Serena woke from her nightmare. Panting and stunned she watched her sister walk up the entrance. Mary gracefully bowed and smiled.

"Congratulations, Sector 1 has never had its epidian as a keeper." Serena could see that the announcer took much interest in her sister than of her being a keeper. "I am pleased with what I have achieved and I will do my father proud" more applause came from the Unbearers. "My father has always yearned for his daughters to live up to his expectations. He has nurtured my sister, Serena and I ever since we were but children. I lived up to his expectations however, my sister failed to do so." There was a gasp made by everyone who turned to see Serena. Shocked, Serena could not believe that her own sister would say such a thing, but there was more "Serena has an abnormal feature, her eyes are a disgrace to our sector, and her presence is a disgrace to all the other sectors"

She directly pointed at her and continued "She has destroyed us all!" Serena could not take it anymore, she wanted to get up and leave but the gates behind her were locked and sealed. She could see it in the eyes of her sister that all the words Mary chose were really intended to shallow her sister's esteem. "We cannot live with people of her kind! We must end them all, end their existence" the elites came towards Serena. Gripping her arms they pulled her towards Mary.

"Let me go!" fighting for her way out, Serena was helpless. The entrance behind Mary opened, and as it did she leaned in close and whispered "I hope you find peace where ever you are going".

Hearing her sister's last words, her head was pushed in to the barriers, her body burned. She yelled, fought to breathe and at last the air was full of smoke.

"... and this is Twitch belle" her father spoke, as he addressed a purple haired woman with a pale skin and a sharp eye. She looked rather young and had a lean body that made her appear more faster than Serena herself "twitch has helped rebuild the systems bridges for the couple of years." "Nice to meet the new keeper, welcome aboard" they exchanged a handshake which seemed very firm and rough. Beside her stood a metallic looking man with an oval head and little Celestine cubes lighting as he folded his arms. She could not see his face since there was a lot of skin and metals attached on it "Kelvin Dickson, the best cyboid elite any epidian would ever meet." Spoke her father with proud looks as she shook hands with Kelvin. "It is such an honor to meet the first Unbearer!" a sharp pitched voice spoke from behind Serena. "Aah, Dimitrice of Sector 3." Her father showed her to the alien looking woman. With spirals and cubes imprinted on her body. Her hair was as white as the Celestine cubes that flickered on Kelvin's armor. She was prettier looking than the scruffy Builder, twitch. But as Serena thought these, she kept it to herself. "No need for introductions, Evan, Serena and I will get along just fine, In fact, I wanted to show her Ice's new creation." "Well, in that case, Serena, Dimitrice will be showing you around. I have some other important matters to deal with." He hugged his daughter and gave Dimitrice a pat on her back as he dispersed himself from the scene.

"Well, we've got something better to do" Twitch spoke as she signaled Kelvin to follow. "If you need us we'll be in the tuition unit, training some poor soul elite." And as they descended towards the neon lighted room Dimitrice turned to Serena.

"I do adore your eyes," Dimitrice spoke as she took a long glance in Serena's eyes "My eyes?" Serena wondered, "Yes, one is of a sapphire flame and the other emerald green. How extra ordinary" "Thank you" she managed to say without feeling shy, "Now let's get you whipped up. We're going to have to find out what your nature is" "my nature?" "Yes, the reason you're being chosen. Every epidian chosen as keeper has a special reason. ""What is mine?" Serena asked in curiosity of what kind of nature she had and if it was good or bad. "Well, you'll find out for yourself." Dimitrice spoke as she paved the way for Serena.