Chapter 17.

~Chad~

I hung up the phone, noticing the person on the other line did too. Who the fuck was that? How do they even know Damien? How do they even know we're friends? What was going on here?!

Damien came down stairs, creeping up behind me and hugging me tight. He had a great scent to him, perfect to be honest. I covered his hands with mine, setting my phone on the counter. I couldn't hold it in, I had to ask him. Who just called and how do they know us?

"Damien, do you know this number?" I reached for the phone, then showed him who just called.

"Yes." He had a hint of fear in his voice, and his hands got hot fast. They slipped out of my grasp, I turned around when he let go of me. He was hot and his hands were pulling at his hair. Shit. This wasn't good.

"It's okay Damien, just tell me who it was? You're my boyfriend, I'll believe you over some random cunt." I slid my arms gently around him, knowing he needed comfort. He looked like a mess, an emotional one in that moment. Until I told him no matter what I'd believe him, he didn't look good at all.

"That was my old friend from my last school. I hate her. I honestly do. She's been trying to ruin my life forever. I'm sorry you have to deal with her now." He said it all with such disbelief of what happened, I was shocked.

"It's gonna be okay Damien, it's all gonna be okay." I kissed his head and stood there hugging him. What next? Was the sky going to fall with asteroids that were alien controlled and aimed directly at Damien and I? Jesus, there has been too much shit for the both of us lately.

~Damien~

I cannot believe that bitch just called us. Well, Chad really, but still! Holy fuck whore! Cassie is going down someday. I just hope that day is soon.

Chad seemed upset about it I guess. He was still hugging me and kissing my head. I didn't know what to do. I just stood there and let him hug me. I hugged him back, just as tight.

He let go of me, slowly and surely. He rested his hands on my shoulders, and looked into my eyes.

"Are you okay babe? Really, just tell me. I'm gonna do everything in my power to make you feel better."

I stared back at him, smiled and weakly said, "Yeah, I'll be fine."

"Okay, go get changed. I'll pack this stuff up and we'll take it somewhere to eat. Got it?"

"Yes, mother," I said in a jokingly annoyed voice. He smiled at me. At least now I know he likes playful relationships.

I turned around, still smiling. He smacked my ass as I started walking. I have to admit, it was one of the sexiest touches I've ever felt.

"Don't get smart with me Chad, we JUST started dating. We can change it in an instant!" I said, laughing to myself.

"Oh I'm sure babe. Just go get changed and I'll make it up to you!" I heard him holler back. God, he made everything seem so much better. I didn't really care how much shit we were going through right now, I could show our love to the world if that's what he wanted.

Come to think of it, I might give him my razors. Everything I use to harm myself, I might just hand over to him. He can do what he wants with them. I'm quitting for him and him only. He is my happiness right now. It's only Saturday morning, and I feel this strongly about him. Even after just getting to know some of the most pointless shit last night.

And as I got caught up in these thoughts, I was in the bathroom before I knew it.